Author Topic: Introductions Thread! Who are you?  (Read 257443 times)

johnboy069

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
Re: Introductions Thread! Who are you?
« Reply #340 on: May 12, 2009, 04:28:30 PM »
I am Toryn/Johnboy069 from the Wizards boards. My name is John, and I live in Indiana.  I have been playing D&D for around 16 years. I play MTG, WOW (the mmo, minis game, and the card game). I love to learn anything I can about the occult and supernatural. I love spending time with my fiancee who loves to game (mostly video games, but she likes Magic and WoW), but she hates D&D (she likes Palladium). My favorite genre of music is metal and its' various incarnations (black, death, etc.). I also like New Age music, rock and roll (from the 50s to the present) as well as others picked here and there. I love football, and the UFC.
This is johnboy069 and toryn from the wizards boards:)
\m/ RIP Ronnie James Dio, you will be missed.\m/ :bigeye

Corrosive Rabbit

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #341 on: May 14, 2009, 10:22:33 PM »
Hiya!

I'm Corrosive Rabbit, a 31 year old gamer from Waterloo, Ontario.  I've been gaming since the Basic D&D red box set and still have a couple of the dice that I dutifully coloured in with the provided crayon.  I've played and/or ran pretty much all of the iterations of D&D up to 3.5, Paizo's fledgling Pathfinder system, Cyberpunk 2020, Paranoia, and Call of Cthulhu.  My gaming style has been likened to tapdancing on a minefield.  It's rarely boring, often messy, and great fun to watch from a safe distance.

I stumbled across the Brilliant Gameologists podcast while on safari through the deepest darkest reaches of Itunes and thought it looked interesting.  I'm up to Episode 4, which means that it's going to take me a while to catch up to you confusing future-people who manage to live two years ahead of me (podcast time).

I'm off to wander in twisting fashion through the rest of the boards, make some posts, and then belatedly read the rules of the board to find out how many I've broken (I kid, I kid ...)  Looking forward to chatting with everyone!

CR

johnboy069

• Email
« Reply #342 on: May 15, 2009, 06:21:16 PM »
Welcome to the Boards!

Kai

• (rhymes with pie)
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Donkey Kong
  • Don't panic!
« Reply #343 on: May 15, 2009, 06:26:48 PM »
Welcome to the boards all newcomers. :D We love having people introduce themselves, so thanks for doing just that. I hope you all have fun around here. :D
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." ~Mahatma Gandhi

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #344 on: May 15, 2009, 07:00:56 PM »
Welcome Toryn and CorRab.
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

johnboy069

• Email
« Reply #345 on: May 15, 2009, 11:13:45 PM »
Thanks, I have been a member for a bit now, and love the more laid back attitude of these forums.

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #346 on: May 17, 2009, 03:55:59 PM »
Welcome Pyre!  And burner, great to have you- thanks for the kudos on the show!
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

The Lurker

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #347 on: May 18, 2009, 02:50:34 PM »
I used to be a prolific poster.  Then I took a break for a few months and my writing style changed a bit.  I wonder if anyone will ID what my old screen name is.

burner2501

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Red Box Geek
« Reply #348 on: May 18, 2009, 10:09:48 PM »
I've been gaming since the Basic D&D red box set and still have a couple of the dice that I dutifully coloured in with the provided crayon. 

And those dice have not gone all round? Mine lost their edges way back when. Maybe I play with my dice too much.  :lol

Victor
Red Box Geek - The scribblings of a roleplay gaming geek.

Victor J. Wyatt's Twitter

Daz Florp Lebam

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Hyperactive Balalaika
    • ArtLyonArt.com
« Reply #349 on: May 19, 2009, 12:48:34 AM »
It's pronounced "dahz - florp - lee-bomb", and that is me! I am him! I'm an old, old man (44) who literally jumped for joy the Christmas I unwrapped the then-new (blue, I think) boxed original D&D.

I discovered BG...I can't remember how. Probably through rpgnet - where I learn everything! Anyway, I work from home (as a comic book colorist - I should be sweating a deadline right now, but what is the internet for if not distraction?) and I spend a lot of time not using the part of my brain that can listen attentively, so when i discovered the show I listened to about 2/3rds of your shows thus far in about a week.

Currently playing in a 4E game, and loving that I can finally play spell-casters without having to sludge through a squillion spells. My cleric has his handful of power cards, and that's it. I love it.

Generally I am dismayed by the prospect of learning new large systems, and find most systems ungainly, so of course I've made my own. With a wife and kids and a job, I have no time to read, learn, or run a game with the detail of a 4E or even MnM. It is sad, but true. I've gotten by in the 4E game by learning as I go.

I'll stop rambling now and get back to work...
I\'M CAPTAIN KIRK!!!!!

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #350 on: May 19, 2009, 08:01:10 PM »
Welcome back 'The Lurker.' I can't say I agree that your writing style has changed at all. ;)

And a warm welcome to you, too, "dahz - florp - lee-bomb." Wow that's a mouthful. :P Hope you enjoy your stay here.
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

The Lurker

« Reply #351 on: May 20, 2009, 04:39:57 AM »
Welcome back 'The Lurker.' I can't say I agree that your writing style has changed at all. ;)

And a warm welcome to you, too, "dahz - florp - lee-bomb." Wow that's a mouthful. :P Hope you enjoy your stay here.
I assume that as a Mod, you can see my email?

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #352 on: May 20, 2009, 02:51:16 PM »
:shrug I dunno. It's possible... Let me check... Yup. I can.

I don't usually pay that much attention to the Mod abilities unless I need to do some actual moderating.
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

The Lurker

« Reply #353 on: May 20, 2009, 10:01:37 PM »
:shrug I dunno. It's possible... Let me check... Yup. I can.

I don't usually pay that much attention to the Mod abilities unless I need to do some actual moderating.
Fair enough.  Just confirming my suspicion on the flow of information.

Michael

• Monkey bussiness
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #354 on: May 27, 2009, 06:57:45 PM »
Hello!

I have been burning through the old episodes, and thought I would jump onto the forums. I have a small presence amongst other podcast forums, so a few of you may already know me.

Ruam

• Bi-Curious George
  • First-class monotremancer
    • Email
« Reply #355 on: May 28, 2009, 06:59:36 PM »

Dan2

• Honorary Moderator
  • Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #356 on: May 28, 2009, 09:29:57 PM »
Glad to have you both here.

Good luck with your studies, and finding a gaming group, Ruam.

theterran

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #357 on: June 23, 2009, 05:21:15 PM »
I guess I should post in this and introduce myself...

GREETINGS!  I'm Terran..."the" is optional...

I have some D&D experience (mostly 3.5).  I don't have time for any RL sessions, so I run to the intarweb to get my "fix"...

I'm outta college and currently working for a small company in their IT department...

And 19 is too young to have an age crisis  :P

TheCanadian

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #358 on: June 24, 2009, 02:54:07 PM »
Hello all,

I am The Canadian, I'm 19 and I live on the west coast of, you guessed it, Canada. I've been playing DnD for about...*counts out on fingers* four years. Mostly 3.5e, but more recently a little SW:SAGA.

I used to lurk the WotC boards, until the mass change over to 4e and subsequent member fallout. I stopped lurking, mainly because my group was playing SAGA, but also because I didn't care that much about 4e.

I was missing the 3.5 optimization threads, so I returned, only to discover (to my horror) that the WotC boards had regressed back to "The Monk is so overpowered/broken!" and "Why are fighters bad?" threads. I thought I had lived through this painful stage.

Discovering that most of the big names from the 3.5 CO board had migrated over here, I decided to make the jump too. Seems like a cool place.

Look forward to lurking/posting some more,

-The Canadian

PS: Besides, everyone knows that Warlocks are most broken class, at-will damage!?  ;)

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #359 on: June 24, 2009, 04:34:22 PM »
Welcome, Canadian Terrans!  :D

I think I recognize at least one of the names from GitP.
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?