Author Topic: Introductions Thread! Who are you?  (Read 257554 times)

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
Re: Introductions Thread! Who are you?
« Reply #260 on: January 21, 2009, 10:18:57 PM »
No worries!  Welcome Lima! 
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

boulet

• Noob
  • fais peter !
« Reply #261 on: January 22, 2009, 12:07:05 PM »
Hi,

My name is Franck, I'm a French role player and I've been in CT for three years now. I'll soon be 37 and I've been playing since I was 13. My gaming has been very slow since I arrived in the US of A because of a combination of business, fatherhood and poor local social network. I'm very much of a trad' player but driven by forgie curiosity/subversion, and I would love to give a try to indie gaming when I find the right group. Like many I started with D&D but it really hasn't been a love story between us though I tried every couple of years with different people (last attempt was a couple of months ago and it fumbled again).

I think I discovered the BG podcast through geekgirlsrule. I browsed the archives of the podcast trying to get a feel for your style. I listened to the "things we hate" episode first because I'm a gossip whore and also because IME people are bound by what they hate as much as by what they love. It gave me an idea of the local humor too and I liked it.

I think I've been verbose enough. Now I'll lurk around the boards and maybe even intervene.

Z.

• Monkey bussiness
    • Hipster, please!
    • Email
« Reply #262 on: January 26, 2009, 12:10:18 AM »
Hi, all.

My name's Z., and I'm a 30-something husband/father/geek. I spent my formative years doing more than my share of tabletop roleplaying, but, sadly, I've slipped a bit in my adult life. I've slowly been trying to reconnect with my gamer roots, and part of that process led me to the Gameologists. It just so happens that the BGs were vaguely aware of my existence via the nerd music blog/podcast I maintain at hipsterplease.com, and mutual geeky admiration ensued.

Other than that, there's really not much to know save the facts that I contribute to the GeekDad culture/parenting blog at Wired.com (which is fun, but not particularly lucrative), I have a D20 tattoo (which serves to remind me that RPGs were my original inspiration to write, and also that I have poor impulse control), and I was a founding member of 70's UK blues rock giants Foghat (which is actually a damned lie)!

Kai

• (rhymes with pie)
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Donkey Kong
  • Don't panic!
« Reply #263 on: January 26, 2009, 12:35:57 AM »
Welcome boulet and Z.! :D
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." ~Mahatma Gandhi

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #264 on: January 28, 2009, 12:39:42 PM »
I can't even express how excited I am to have Z. on the boards  :D
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

gtroc

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Dancing in the stars.
    • The Laughing Stick
« Reply #265 on: January 28, 2009, 10:19:19 PM »
Howdy all, I am Gtroc. the G is silent, just so you are aware. I live in the great state of Montana, in the northwest portion of the state to be specific. I have been gaming for somewhere around 14 years. I started gaming as the GM for West End Star Wars, then I moved on to playing Rifts. I have played or owned over five hundred separate role playing games throughout my life. I am obsessive about games, and I am constantly on the lookout for the next interesting game. my biggest gripe in gaming is gamers who are stuck in a rut, unwilling to try new systems and new types of play. I generally run super hero style games, though high fantasy is an area I like to dabble in as well. in the "real" world I go to collage, majoring in theater, train in an obscure Korean martial art,dai ni gaijaro(I most definitely spelled that wrong, as I have only heard it spoken, never written), and I study mythology. I am also writing a novel, and I am about to start alpha testing my first role playing game. it is called Fated, and it is awsome!(I hope) so that is me, hi!
I saw a lady on T.V. She was born without arms. Literally, she was born with her hands attached to her shoulders... and that was sad, but then they said, "Lola does not know the meaning of the word 'can't.'" And that to me was kinda worse... in a way... ya know? Not only does she not have arms, but she doesn't understand simple contractions. It's very simple Lola, you just take two words, you put them together, then you take out the middle letters, you put a comma in there and you raise it up!
-Mitch Hedberg

Games
running: Power and Consequences
Planning: An Imperfect World

StormingMarcus

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • 5o Clone - Italian D&D Forum
« Reply #266 on: January 30, 2009, 09:23:42 AM »
Hello everyone! I'm Paolo, a 21year-old Italian player... Nice to meet you!
I can't remember how i discovered the forum, but maybe through a link found on WotC boards.

I like the House Rules section very much, and i have found some intriguing projects there.

P.S: Pardon my bad English!

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #267 on: January 30, 2009, 10:08:11 AM »
Ciao ed il benvenuto!  We'll pardon your English if you pardon our Italian.
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

StormingMarcus

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • 5o Clone - Italian D&D Forum
« Reply #268 on: January 30, 2009, 01:11:39 PM »
Ciao ed il benvenuto!  We'll pardon your English if you pardon our Italian.
Hey, the mere fact that someone can speak some words in italian here it's Great! I'll pardon you for sure!

Charon

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #269 on: January 31, 2009, 10:23:24 PM »
Hey all. I am a 23 year old game designer. I found this site while browsing MySpace for gamers that I could friend, and well here I am!

I am currently getting the second release of my customizable card game Geek Fight! ready for pre-sales later on next month. I am sure we will see sales high enough that we can push our product into game stores. I also try to bring players into other indie TCGs on the market.

Before I end this post I must plug Geek Fight!. Imagine taking all of your favorite nerd and geek stereotypes, and putting them in an arena. Now imagine giving them all of their favorite gaming accessories and cosplay props and telling them to beat the crud out of each other. That is Geek Fight! in a nutshell. We are getting "set 2" ready for next month. This will mark our national release, and then we will re-release set 1.

If you want anymore info, click my sig.

Click it, you know you want to.

Trapcast_Jenn

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #270 on: February 05, 2009, 10:09:59 PM »
Hi!
I'm Jenn from Trapcast - I've been on the boards for a little but never came to introduce myself. I'm from Philadelphia and have been playing a little bit of rpg for a couple years and now i'm expanding out into the big new world of gaming. I'm on a podcast with my friends Brant, Sara, and George (who pees on things) and we talk about gaming and nonsense. If you want check it out!

I was on the collaborative podcast with Mickey and Meg and Kristen and now I should try to get on forums to talk and ramble about games and stuff. So now i need to check out this forum every day just like i check out people.com  :lol
TACOS!<br /><br />www.trapcast.com

thrasher2005

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #271 on: February 09, 2009, 01:45:36 PM »
Hey guys, am a college sophomore and just enjoying some 3.5 fun :p

Dionysus

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #272 on: February 13, 2009, 05:47:04 AM »
G'day all!

I'm a lifelong gamer in my 30's. Originally from central australia, have spend the last 10+ years travelling and living throughout Europe and scandinavia. I used to write scenarios for gaming cons in australia, and in my current job i've been the designated GM for my group made of work mates.

Started out on MERP and Rolemaster. Currently playing Exalted 2nd ed and 1 shots with MouseGuard, DitV, IaWa, and Houses of the Blooded. Played all sorts of systems in the middle.

wezylithyx

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #273 on: February 15, 2009, 09:42:05 AM »
Hey there, y'all. I'm an early twenties gamer in Portland, OR. I like to check out the forums here, but I admit I'm mainly joining to a run a 3.5 PBP campaign with some of my old gaming buddies, now that we're spread across the states. Thanks!
Quote from: wezylithyx
Add Perform (weapon drill) to the fighter and swashbuckler lists of class skills

You totally just fixed these two classes. I had no idea it would be so simple.

SixthDeclension

• King Kong
  • "Wit is educated insolence."
    • Email
« Reply #274 on: February 15, 2009, 09:46:27 AM »
Hey there, y'all. I'm an early twenties gamer in Portland, OR. I like to check out the forums here, but I admit I'm mainly joining to a run a 3.5 PBP campaign with some of my old gaming buddies, now that we're spread across the states. Thanks!
All the best luck with running the PbP! Welcome!
My choice place for buying Magic: the Gathering Singles: adventuresOn.com

Currently DMing a Solo PbP, Check it out here

Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green,
That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown,
That host on the morrow lay withered and strown.

El Magnifeco

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #275 on: March 02, 2009, 03:09:25 PM »
Hey there, I'm an Englishmen born and bred, decided to join as the WOTC past editions forum seems to be slowing down a lot. I play 3.5 exclusively. I'm a bit of a lurker though.

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #276 on: March 02, 2009, 03:45:47 PM »
Lurking has its perks. ;) Welcome to the boards, and feel to join in anywhere, whenever you've finished lurking. :D
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

badlands

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #277 on: March 09, 2009, 10:39:58 PM »
Hey everyone.  My name's Chris and I am living out the last few weeks of my 20s as I post this.  For the past 15 years or so I have had little to no interest in gaming.  Before that, I played a bunch of AD&D, along with some Rifts, GURPS and other games.  For some reason, I've recently become really interested in gaming again.  Through Brilliant Gameologists and some other podcasts, I've been reeducating myself. 

I found a local D&D meetup group and have done some 4e which, having missed 3 & 3.5 entirely, is pretty different from what I remember.  I'm also enjoying reading through new (to me at least) systems like Savage Worlds and Burning Wheel.  I'm really intrigued by the indie gaming scene and storytelling type games.  While I like the action/adventure style games, it is the collective storytelling potential of RPGs that really gets me interested.  Still working out how to get a chance to experience gaming like that though...

Hmmm.. I also like indie rock, baseball, dark beer, science-fiction and hardboiled crime novels, writing, earth tones, and organizing things...

KMD

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #278 on: March 10, 2009, 12:20:03 AM »
Hey, I'm a lurker of several months and general internet vagabond, here from the mythical land of 4chan.  Or WotC.  Whichever one is less likely to draw boiling hot rage.  I enjoy 3.5 and 4e, SotC, flavor, JRPGS, eclectic tastes, and anything that can be used for the purposes of fueling crackpot ideas.  I also like long walks on the beach, puppies, and tentacles.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #279 on: March 10, 2009, 08:11:10 AM »
Hey, I'm a lurker of several months and general internet vagabond, here from the mythical land of 4chan.  Or WotC.  Whichever one is less likely to draw boiling hot rage.
4chan, gives more laughs too though. Welcome!

Handy Links