Author Topic: Introductions Thread! Who are you?  (Read 257439 times)

TopHatAssassin

• Monkey bussiness
Re: Introductions Thread! Who are you?
« Reply #1160 on: August 31, 2011, 01:34:41 AM »
Hello everyone. I am the Top Hat Assassin (I don't kill them, I wear them whilst killing). I've been playing games of the D&D variety for a few years now, but have only really gotten into them within the past two or so years. I am heavily inclined toward playing either bruisers or incredibly charismatic characters (all the more potential to ham it up).

Given my lack of experience with this stuff, I've found this site to be quite helpful for ideas to bring to my own characters. In fact, the very first thing I ever read was the handbook on barbarians (Being Bane: A Guide to Cracking Small Men) and found it to be immensely helpful. I'm hoping to provide my own help in some form, if at all possible, I guess as a way to return the favour for all the good stuff I've found here.

Bederal

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #1161 on: August 31, 2011, 03:08:50 AM »
Hello everyone
Im Bederal, im from Peru - South america and i love role playing games and videogames in general, i play DnD for almost 10 years and i work in a videogame magazine here in my country.
I was lurking this forum for months and now i think its time to introduce myself :D

edwindurock

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #1162 on: August 31, 2011, 01:17:50 PM »
I am a person who is curious of something. Does anyone actually go through all of these post's to learn about every person on the net? If so then there is another question....how much free time do you have left on your plate? =)~

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #1163 on: August 31, 2011, 03:13:13 PM »
Yes and none.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

mthor

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #1164 on: August 31, 2011, 10:36:14 PM »
Yes and none.
+1 plus I am a full time student and so am forced to maintain a social life.
The god of thunder....... yeah I'm the hammer

Just ask yourself..... W.W.T.D  what would Thor do
mthor, look what you did. You made people on the internet argue. We all hate you with a fiery passion, now. :P

Devilen

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • My preferred game
« Reply #1165 on: September 01, 2011, 05:39:27 AM »
last time i checked, i'm me

A Ladder

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #1166 on: September 01, 2011, 03:00:10 PM »
Hiya!

I'm new here...blah, blah, blah... I just love reading the handbooks and want to search.  ;)
bye!

Juggernaut2889

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #1167 on: September 01, 2011, 07:09:14 PM »
Hello,

I've been lurking here for a few months, but now I'm ready to start posting on the forums.  I've played 2nd ed for about 8 years and have been dabbling in more recent editions for about a year now.  3.5 has found a special place in my heart.

aetx

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #1168 on: September 03, 2011, 04:33:06 PM »
Hello,

I have played D&D for about three years now, though not that seriously. The amount of rulebooks is rather overwhelming. But there seems to be quite a bit of condensed information in these forums, so I'm intrigued, especially the CO part.

Anyway, on to a happy time procrastinating.

Dudesan

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #1169 on: September 04, 2011, 08:58:33 AM »
Hi! I'm a disgruntled Canadian who has been playing D&D for well over half his life.
I've been making use of your fine handbooks for years now, and I'm mostly just creating this account for access to the search function.

Cheers!

Van Epis

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #1170 on: September 04, 2011, 12:50:48 PM »
Hello everyone!

Long time lurker and finally decided to start posting my ideas here!I've been playing DnD several years now and my opinion on the game has changed dramatically over the years. Started with 3e, went to 3.5e,tried out 2e and pathfinder, and finally stayed at 3.5e. 

Artorivs

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #1171 on: September 05, 2011, 05:35:35 PM »
'Allo to the few people that read all of these.

Fairly new gamer by this forum's standards, have played 3.5e and Pathfinder, and the Dark Heresy / Deathwatch 40k systems.

Craiconn

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #1172 on: September 05, 2011, 09:57:19 PM »
Hey Everyone.

I used to be a rather notable contributor on the WotC Min/Max (going back to 3.0!) and the CharOp boards.  Just now getting back into D&D after some absence from the game.

I've played some 4E ... and I find it uninspiring.  Ergo, back to 3.5 gaming so I can use my 600+ books I have sitting on my shelf.  Cheers!

:cloud9

Mertiya

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Have faith in the gods and in your friends.
    • The Dream-maker's Haven
« Reply #1173 on: September 06, 2011, 02:21:37 PM »
Hello!  I am Mertiya, a first-year graduate student with not enough time on her hands seeking less time by planning d&d campaigns.  Also who has repeatedly been dragged here to review DonQuixote's and bauglir's homebrew.  So I need an account.
"You think you're the puppet-master, but I can see the strings."

mindborn lich

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #1174 on: September 06, 2011, 03:30:26 PM »
Hi.  I'm mindborn lich.  I've played D&D off and on for a few years now.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 03:32:33 PM by mindborn lich »

Hansie

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #1175 on: September 07, 2011, 06:19:48 PM »
Hi.

I've played D&D for years and years, but never very successfully.

Typical campaign: roll characters.  Wait for others to role characters.  Plan to play another session.  Never do.

"Successful" campaign:  Roll characters.  Play a few sessions, kill a few goblins.  Argue.  PvP.  50% + mortality. 

So, anyway, I'm curious about giving it another try.

DrStrange

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #1176 on: September 08, 2011, 12:10:41 AM »
Howdy.

Mpws1

• Monkey bussiness
  • My D&D miniature
« Reply #1177 on: September 08, 2011, 07:35:21 PM »
Im mpws1, ive not really posted on any other forums untill i found brilliantgameologists. Ive been playing AD&D for about 10 years and finally convencied my group to play a more up to date system, rest of my group are 10 + years older than me so its taken a while to get a new rule set aggreed! lol where currently 6 months into a 3.5 edition of DnD in ravenloft.

Ive been reading loads of post mainly on sorcerer's as thats my 1st only char so far.

Looking forward to learning all about this new set of rules and everyhting arcane  ;)

ahirabattleaxe

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #1178 on: September 09, 2011, 06:03:07 PM »
Hello. I am Ahira. I'm beginning to DM, and according to my current DM, I'm a Rifter. though I've never actually played it... he says the "Lint covered Hard Candy" on my inventory  (that I swear I'll find a use for) proves it.

SeamusRedfern

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #1179 on: September 10, 2011, 04:14:36 AM »
I'm Seamus Redfern...been playing d&d for about 8 years now. I started with 2e and moved to 3.5 and then onto 4e. I currently play a 4e druid and DM a 3.5 campaign...