Author Topic: Ghoul Glyph: underrated?  (Read 14611 times)

Benly

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Re: Ghoul Glyph: underrated?
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2010, 11:59:06 AM »
I should mention I actually do have a Portable Hole that I keep full of water with Ghoul Glyphs in it.  The space inside the hole doesn't move at all, after all, so I can use a Glove of Storing to instantly pop the hole out under people.  Hilarity ensues.

JaronK

I'm not sure every DM would consider popping out of a Glove of Storing to qualify as "spread on a flat surface", but it would pretty much inarguably work with the Enveloping Pit's "pop open under someone" function so it's not a big deal. The basic idea is a solid one and I approve of it! (because I know everyone gives a crap what I approve of.)

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2010, 06:35:25 AM »
.... seriously...?

Yup, that was allowed on one character.  The idea being that the glove of storing pops stuff out instantly in the exact shape it was in before, so if the character is touching the ground when he uses it exactly how his hand was when it was stored, it'll pop out on the ground again.  It's not as ridiculous in play as it seems... it only works if there's flat ground, and since that's on a Factotum he can only cast one Ghoul Glyph per day.  So, it's a fun once per day method of taking out an enemy.

JaronK

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2010, 05:34:40 PM »

... Also, it's less a coin and more a frisbee, but that's just details. :)

Supra-White Death Frisbee of Gondor +1
Range 5'

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2010, 02:02:27 PM »
could you use this with living spell somehow? its been awhile since i looked at it and im AFB now, was just thinking it could be cool  :D
Slappin ho's like E-Honda

Rymosrac

• Curious George
  • You were expecting?
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2010, 04:04:29 PM »
Ghoul Glyph + Delicate Disk?
Shh. My common sense is tingling. . .