Author Topic: Tauric Spider Build Help edit:now drider w/vermin lord  (Read 4896 times)

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
Re: Tauric Spider Build Help
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2010, 10:29:37 AM »
Are there any decent ways to add spells to the ur priest, namely off the druid list?
Adding domains with Contemplative and taking some of the initiate feats from ECS are ways.  Dunno if any of them are decent.  There is always Miracle at high levels :D
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2010, 02:23:22 PM »
I can't get in to contemplative until 11th and the initiate feats all require the ability to spontaneously cast SNA, there's a feat out there that will let me do that, but I can't remember where, I'm gonna go look for it, and see if I can make a build that has druid spells, that can at least rival carnivore's build's strength. I'll see what happens.
[spoiler]
I see that you want to solve problems. Not problems like, "What is beauty?," because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of 'philosophy'. You want to solve practical problems. F'r instance, how are you gonna stop some big, mean Mother Hubbard from tearing you a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer: Use a gun. And if that don't work? Use more gun.
And if that fails try this

[/spoiler]

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2010, 02:35:54 PM »
Complete Divine.  Requires some ranks in knowledge nature.
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2010, 01:11:55 AM »
I've been trying to expand on carnivore's build all day so as to give it the druid spells that I think it will need to have the vermin focus that I want. So far I have come up with an Archivist 3+ psion 3+ Psychic theurge 8+ Cerebremancer 6//drider 10(wizard)+ Vermin Lord 10. This build has 9th level of all divine spells, 9th level psion powers, 6th level wizard spells, and all int based, but I think that the build could be better done. I Like the idea of drider better then the Entomanothrope as while in vermin form the Entomanothrope can't cast spells and in hybrid it can't use verbal components. The drider's innate spell casting is also a draw. I just can't figure out how to get a build to get the druid spells and still be as powerful as carnivore's. Not that I don't like his build, but I feel it needs more vermin-y focused spells. I just can't figure out a way to do it the way I want it too. If any one has any suggestions on how to get more vermin-y spells onto ur-priest's list or on a build that would have them they are welcome and appreciated.
[spoiler]
I see that you want to solve problems. Not problems like, "What is beauty?," because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of 'philosophy'. You want to solve practical problems. F'r instance, how are you gonna stop some big, mean Mother Hubbard from tearing you a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer: Use a gun. And if that don't work? Use more gun.

[/spoiler]

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2010, 01:19:44 AM »
Replace psion with spell-to-power erudite?
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2010, 01:24:06 AM »
That would give the build 9th arcane then, a significant power boost. What should I use the spell slots from wizard for? I can't think of much but a few buffs off the top of my head.

Edit: Are there any other spider like/based creatures out there with an ELC = or < 10 that have innate spell casting? might be fun to see what's out there
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 01:55:47 AM by geniussavant »
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2010, 02:03:57 AM »
Erudite would be your bread-and-butter spells, which you cast either everyday or fairly often. Wizard would be your utility, including Contact Outer Planes and all that.

Though you lose out on some of the better uniquely psionic powers. So I guess it depends mostly on which kind of action economy you prefer: Schism/Anticipatory Strike or Time Stop/Greater Celerity. Because the biggest limitation on any dual caster is their action economy.

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2010, 02:13:30 AM »
I'm more familiar with psionics. So I would probably prefer to use it to break action economy. And why would I be losing out on some psionic powers? Erudite gets almost everything that a regular psion does, the only thing it doesn't get is a 9th level discipline power which can be obtained by having an epic level erudite psy cyg it into his powers known.
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2010, 02:50:00 AM »
For some reason I thought it replaced their normal manifesting...but nope, just their bonus feat.

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2010, 03:31:28 PM »
With this build(Archivist 3+ psion 3+ Psychic theurge 8+ Cerebremancer 6//drider 10(wizard)+ Vermin Lord 10) I'm looking at the feats below. They are in no particular order.

Spell Focus(Conjuration)=>Augment Summoning=>Imbued Summoning, superior summons, Spontaneous summoner=>Child of Winter&Ashbound, verminfriend, rapid summoning, linked power

Any suggestions?

These are the spells I found off the srd and from memory that look like they would be useful to cast on my vermin friends(child of winter lets me cast any druid spell that works on animals on vermin):

Magic Fang(greater), spiderskin, Bear’s Endurance(mass), Bull’s Strength(mass), Animal Growth, vemonfire, giant vermin, endure elements

Any suggestions on these?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 04:18:41 PM by geniussavant »
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2010, 06:48:26 AM »
At first I thought this was a 'tantric spider build,' which is why I haven't read it until now. >.>
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
Re: Tauric Spider Build Help edit:now drider w/vermin lord
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2010, 11:12:25 AM »
^lol, how do my feats look, I'll come up with an order for them latter and post it, and any suggestions on spells, I can basically cast almost any spell in existence and manifest most psion powers?

Edit: I did this mostly from memory so I might have to shuffle it around a little:
1. Spell focus(conj), Flaw: inattentive: augment summoning, Flaw: noncombative( I might change this for another, depends on HP and BAB if I can get into melee):Linked power
3. Spontaneous summoner
6. Child of winter
9. Verminfriend
12. Ashbound
15. Superior Summons
18. Rapid summoning

I'd like to get rapid summoning earlier, or even a better way to quick summon, but it's not too imperative, as I have spontaneous SNA and I'll always have a few vermin friends around in my Hivemind. Suggestions? 
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 06:37:19 PM by geniussavant »
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]