Author Topic: All-purpose Super Robot Wars thread  (Read 27581 times)

oslecamo

• Grape ape
Re: All-purpose Super Robot Wars thread
« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2011, 05:27:04 PM »
I just noticed a small nightmare-fuel in Alpha Gaiden.

[spoiler]
When Ryusei dodges attacks he usually shouts his trademark "You saw it Rai? Ah, he wasn't  looking now ..."

Which is all fine and dandy until one realizes Rai was left back on the present time and would have been dead for years now. Which means the poor kid finally snapped under pressure.

[/spoiler]

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: July 24, 2011, 06:10:08 PM »
[spoiler]But then, it means Rai really wasn't looking.[/spoiler]

Gundam Optimal

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2011, 09:25:18 PM »
[spoiler]Its probably just copy-pasted dialogue from Alpha 1, where he was there basically all the time.[/spoiler]
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."

The enemy is stupidity and our chosen weapons are giant robots: A Let's Play of Super Robot Wars J

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2011, 05:30:42 AM »
Oh, I'm sure it is. Hence why you could call it Fridge Horror... or something.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2011, 01:07:13 PM »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2011, 05:57:56 PM »
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: July 26, 2011, 07:38:33 AM »
The Joule family spreads across many canons. Sister in Touhou, children in Linebarrels of Iron!

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #108 on: July 26, 2011, 04:53:27 PM »
Looking for some more advice for Alpha Gaiden.

[spoiler]
Mission 37, I want to get the skill point but it demands using a MAP weapon to kill both psycho gundam brothers in one shot. I can't use the satellite cannon, Heero can't hit the broad side of a barn with his MAP buster rifles (and doesn't learn Strike spirit), remaining MAP users I have don't have enough punch. So I'll have to restart the whole mission and do  some upgrading, what do you advise?
1-Fill the Gundam Wing Zero with acuraccy-boosting items, two HP targeters would provide a 60% bonus to hit at the cost of needing to save energy all game.
2-Upgrade my second best MAP unit available, the Quebley (2500 base damage for Funnel MAP), costing me roughly 20% of my current funds. It's however an excellent machine already so it would be worth using the rest of the game regardless of what I'm facing, justifying the cost.

Your opinion?
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #109 on: July 29, 2011, 08:17:42 PM »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: August 06, 2011, 12:25:56 AM »
For SRW Z2-2, supposedly we're getting a system to manage your units (read: some kind of partner/squad system, something which Z2-1 needed a lot), and ~6 new series.

The new series include Full Metal Panic.

This is Trollada, but Trollada often comes true. I'm not sure which of these two announcements makes me happier.

Gundam Optimal

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: August 27, 2011, 07:34:58 PM »
Does anyone have a handy list of which units in J carry over their upgrades to other ones? I'm trying to figure out if theres any special advantage to upgrading Strike like in Alpha 3 and W.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."

The enemy is stupidity and our chosen weapons are giant robots: A Let's Play of Super Robot Wars J

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: August 27, 2011, 10:54:01 PM »
FFFFFFFFFF

I just found lines from my SRW K Let's Play quoted on /m/.

As actual in-game dialogue.