Author Topic: All-purpose Super Robot Wars thread  (Read 27597 times)

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Re: All-purpose Super Robot Wars thread
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2011, 11:05:12 PM »
A new Original Generations title confirmed for the PS3. Hugo will be in (big surprise after OGG...), same for Josh (Steam will be happy). There's also new originals. /m/ only has crappy blurry scans so far, I'll link something good as/when it appears.

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2011, 01:40:22 PM »
I bring screencaps! Expect to see some really obscure mecha and characters in this, like the Grungust Kai or Ariel Org (whose concept seems to be pretty much Ouka + Lamia. Win!). Oh yeah, and Ing is in this too. Excellent.

Anyway, here are the images. Spoilered for size.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

I don't really like this Cerberus shot, it's here only to prove Huge is in the game. Other caps of his unit look better, luckily. They were also too big for my photobucket to handle.

Oh, and by the way. One of the spoilered images is fake. Can you guess which one?

Nerd-o-rama

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2011, 03:34:08 PM »
Clearly, it's the one with Ing in it, because you like trolling Steam as much as I do.

I see they're compromising and going for really 3-D looking sprites.  I approve, even if the mech designs look really really The Inspector now (this is a vast improvement in at least RyuJinKi's case.  So much cleaner.)

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2011, 04:10:46 PM »
The revolver-bunker tank is another death trap advanced prototype Kyosuke will be called to test in by Dr.Radion.

Kyosuke never looked as happy as he does on that picture.

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2011, 05:37:52 PM »
Oh no!

[spoiler]Yeah, I know it's fake.[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2011, 06:57:16 PM »
Someone put this on Youtube? Convenient.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2011, 08:08:23 PM »
Excellent. I'll make sure to use this somehow.

With mr Sandman's permission of course.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2011, 01:28:10 PM »
Bad quality, but still:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Cliana "Rim" Rimskaya and Blanche Neige confirmed for the Second OG.

Seems Banpresto is going all Real Robot with the newcomers. No surprise, since the OG-verse is drowning in supers as it is.

Gundam Optimal

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: June 02, 2011, 09:39:37 AM »
I wouldn't say drowning, more that OG2 and OGG had more than their share, and I suppose that this game has to compensate.

Though I think one of the Famitsu interviews implied that the D and MX supers were still in the game, possibly as secrets.

I do hope this makes the jump to America, I want me some Gespenst Kai Katina action.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."

The enemy is stupidity and our chosen weapons are giant robots: A Let's Play of Super Robot Wars J

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: June 02, 2011, 02:08:20 PM »
Supposedly Sony demands ported titles to be dubbed, so I wouldn't count on it. But on the other hand, we DID get Endless Frontier and it had spoken Japanese. Of course, being a DS title Sony had nothing to do with it. The port was courtesy of Atlus, who are (in)famous for working on niche titles like that. And bless them for this.

Gundam Optimal

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: June 02, 2011, 08:49:08 PM »
Supposedly Sony demands ported titles to be dubbed, so I wouldn't count on it. But on the other hand, we DID get Endless Frontier and it had spoken Japanese. Of course, being a DS title Sony had nothing to do with it. The port was courtesy of Atlus, who are (in)famous for working on niche titles like that. And bless them for this.

I'd be more willing to thank Atlus if they'd translated Lord of Elemental, but I'm willing to give them a chance to pick this one up.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."

The enemy is stupidity and our chosen weapons are giant robots: A Let's Play of Super Robot Wars J

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2011, 05:53:40 PM »
Just realised what The Inspector's 2nd OP was called, and laughed. Is that meant to describe the audience?

Also, why haven't I seen any Z2 discussion? :(
My work

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #94 on: June 15, 2011, 07:20:12 PM »
Also, why haven't I seen any Z2 discussion? :(
Simon used Dig! It's super effective!

After having small mechas, power armor troops, and sentai rangers, kyoko sets a new record on just how many "robot" you need to be to fight in a SRW game. Oversized gun and bikini is enough aparently, altough I expect her to get some bigger mecha later on the game. :p

So they're following TTGL's starting history quite faithfully. Has there been any confirmation for time/dimension travel to explain why is there an underground ignorant human society in the middle of a wasteland infested with monsters?

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2011, 08:01:47 PM »
After having small mechas, power armor troops, and sentai rangers, kyoko sets a new record on just how many "robot" you need to be to fight in a SRW game. Oversized gun and bikini is enough aparently, altough I expect her to get some bigger mecha later on the game. :p
Yoko apparently only fights on foot in events. Same with Baron Ashura.

There was already Fighter Roa and that girl from Gear Fighter Dendoh, though.
My work

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2011, 03:27:32 PM »
My work

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: June 17, 2011, 04:03:46 PM »
that MILF from Gear Fighter Dendoh, though.

Fixed. She had a bike though.

And yes, that OGII trailer looks great. Definitely a must buy for me.

Ha ha, that game would be a best buy even if it had paper cutouts for attack animations. In fact, that'd be kinda awesome...

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #98 on: June 29, 2011, 06:34:57 PM »
So I finally had some time to see if I can finish Alpha Gaiden, and suddenly the rom kinda freezes at the end of mission 35.

[spoiler]
The Ra Cailum reaches the moon dome, enemy bots vanish, a couple dialogue lines, and then nothing, the music just keeps playing and I can't do anything but reset the emulator.

This hapened to anyone else? Any advice on what may be wrong?
[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #99 on: June 29, 2011, 07:03:35 PM »
So I finally had some time to see if I can finish Alpha Gaiden, and suddenly the rom kinda freezes at the end of mission 35.

[spoiler]
The Ra Cailum reaches the moon dome, enemy bots vanish, a couple dialogue lines, and then nothing, the music just keeps playing and I can't do anything but reset the emulator.

This hapened to anyone else? Any advice on what may be wrong?
[/spoiler]
The LP at SomethingAwful says [spoiler]Its something to do with how many of the bots you've killed, apparently each unit has a unique index in an array and when they run out of IDs to spawn new units with, the game will crash.

Solution: Reduced mass murder of bots[/spoiler]
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."