Author Topic: All-purpose Super Robot Wars thread  (Read 27580 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 09:05:09 AM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Re: All-purpose Super Robot Wars thread
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2011, 01:33:43 PM »
I bring you the big SRW Z2 preview. It's 14 16 minutes long and there is a lot to be said about it. I don't even know where to start so I'll just say this:

DAT XABUNGLE ATTACK

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2011, 01:41:55 PM »
As for Prime's videos:

Zone of Enders hell yeah! And please tell me the Kamen Rider and Pretty Cure game is a real thing...

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2011, 11:49:57 AM »
I bring you the big SRW Z2 preview. It's 14 16 minutes long and there is a lot to be said about it. I don't even know where to start so I'll just say this:

DAT XABUNGLE ATTACK
Was that a rapid fire Sun Attack?
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2011, 10:57:56 AM »
Yeah. Haran Banjou can already do that in Alpha 3. Slightly weaker than the usual Sun Attack, but an ALL one.
No idea what function will it serve here, since Z2 doesn't get groups.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2011, 07:02:56 PM »
Did I mention I'm playing OG1 right now? Just encountered Barrelions for the first time on Ryusei's route.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 07:07:01 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2011, 07:54:25 PM »
Nobody likes Barrelions. Especially when they Support Defend each other. They are tough, their weapons make them the first mass produced enemy that can actually hurt you, and to top it all off - they are ugly. Hideous.

Okay, okay. Let's not get too pumped up here. Think happy thoughts and awesome things. Think Cybuster.

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2011, 08:44:23 PM »
I think Ryusei crying like a little girl when he faces his first big boss. Speaking of wich, I should really finish his route one of those days.

Maybe when I finish Super Cheating AI robots Alpha Gaiden. Damn boss casting guard on himself and then defending/evading everything. Luckily the guard didn't work on his own turn, so ended up taking care of him with valored satellite cannon. Wich somehow I could use despite said boss holding the magic girl I needed to activate said satellite cannon hostage.

Interesting fact, I seem to have messed up all the gundam pilots since I don't know the series. Judau on the V2 and Usso and Quatro on the alpha and hi alpha. Also had quatro in the GPO3 for quite some missions.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2011, 09:39:02 PM »
My work

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2011, 05:00:33 PM »
I don't think Garrod needs Tifa to activate the satellite cannon later in the series. You need a Newtype to do it, but I think they got an imprint of Jamil's brainwave or something like that.

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2011, 05:05:16 PM »
I don't think Garrod needs Tifa to activate the satellite cannon later in the series. You need a Newtype to do it, but I think they got an imprint of Jamil's brainwave or something like that.

Yet we can hear/see Tifa talking in the attack sequence in that particular part! :p

Well perhaps she can do it at close distance since they were on the same battlefield. Being desesperate and everything.

Also loved the "Wait, what do you mean we can't just block a nuclear bomb with a barrier or something like that?" :P

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2011, 07:43:08 PM »
Tifa is not the strongest Newtype ever for nothing. For the evolved human, barriers of distance are meaningless! And now I sound like Char.

Also, I have no idea what's the big deal with nukes. At most, they put your ass on fire in a comical manner. Xabungle would never lie to me.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2011, 07:57:50 PM »
Screwed up getting the Battle Mastery on the last mission (coral reef w/ Rhinos and two bosses, Ryoto joins you, Granzon shows up to chase you off the map). Still playing on Hard though, and none of the secrets have any requirements above that, right?

Is it worth upgrading one of those fighter jets until it's more dodgy than Cybuster?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 08:00:00 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2011, 08:36:26 PM »
The jets are a waste of funds. Just ignore them. Sure, some people say "put Latooni in a Messer and nobody will be able to hit her ever" - but with those pitifully weak missiles, she won't be killing anything either.

The best use for a fighter jet is to outfit one with repair and resupply modules and give it to either Garnet or Radha. They are 100% support pilots and shouldn't fight directly anyway. Radha even has SP Regain by default so she doesn't need kills for pilot points.

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2011, 08:50:02 PM »
The jets are a waste of funds. Just ignore them. Sure, some people say "put Latooni in a Messer and nobody will be able to hit her ever" - but with those pitifully weak missiles, she won't be killing anything either.
+1 to that. Even if they can get lots of dodge, the loss of firepower simply isn't worth it.

The best use for a fighter jet is to outfit one with repair and resupply modules and give it to either Garnet or Radha. They are 100% support pilots and shouldn't fight directly anyway. Radha even has SP Regain by default so she doesn't need kills for pilot points.

Radha with Focus is a support monster, and if you're bringing her to your missions, may as well give her a combat-worthy machine. Her Schutzald can get some cheap mobility from boosters and then tag along the team, and as the game progresses you'll have tougher robots to give to her to play metal shield for your team and fire some support shots.

I particulary enjoyed giving her disabling weapons since in OG1 not every boss under the sun and the moon has immunity to them.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2011, 05:30:58 PM »
Beat the R-1's debut mission (get Hagane across map in 6 turns, Battle Mastery: defeat Tempest) on my third try. On my first try I actually managed to KO Tempest and Elzam, but the Hagane ended turn 6 two squares away from the edge of the map. :shakefist There is an upside though - XP and pilot points carry over, so I was able to buy SP Regenerate for three characters.

On another note: Aya, stop exploding. I already gave you my best armour part, I just don't want to sink upgrades into your Type-TT that won't carry over.

My current lineup:
Hagane (Team Daitetsuya) - Dustproof - Repair Module/Supply Module
Grungust (Irm) - Booster/Repair Kit
Cybuster (Masaki) - Dual Sensor/Servo Motor
Gespesnt MkII-TT (Aya) - ApogeeMotor/Repair Kit/HybridArmor/ChobhamArmor - Split Missile/Plasma Cutter/MegaBeamRifle/M95MachineGun/Energy Taker/G-Revolver
Schutzwald (Rai) - ChobhamArmor/Repair Kit/Water Jet (because aquatic TwinBeam Cannon) - Split Missile/M95MachineGun/Steel Knife/Slash Ripper
Lion F (Ryoto) - ApogeeMotor - Homing Missile/M95MachineGun
Huckebein 009 (Rio) - Bio Sensor/Tesla Drive - Roche Saber/Remote Slasher/Boosted Rifle/MegaBeamRifle
Wildschwein (Ingram) - ApogeeMotor/Servo Motor - Beam Sword/M95MachineGun/M13 Shotgun/MegaBeamRifle/Jam Grenade/Homing Missile
Wildraubtier (Latooni) - Servo Motor - Steel Knife/HyperBeam Rifle/Split Missile/MegaBeamRifle/Burst Railgun
R-1 (Ryusei) - None - Steel Knife/G-Revolver/Split Missile/MegaBeamRifle/Burst Railgun
Gespenst MII-M (Giado) - Beam Coat - Split Missile/M95MachineGun/Plasma Cutter/Steel Knife/M13 Shotgun/MegaBeamRifle/G-Revolver
Gespenst MII-M (Garnet) - None - Split Missile/M95MachineGun/Assault Blade/Homing Missile/Spider Net
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 05:49:10 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2011, 11:17:25 PM »
Having both Split and Homing Missile on your Gespensts is a waste. Both of these are shit in general. Of course, if you have nothing better to fill the weapon space with...

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2011, 06:45:56 PM »
Crowning moment of funny in Alpha Gaiden!

Trying to shoot down Marybell in stage 33, but like most bub bosses, she'll cowardly evade/defend when low on health. And the only unit I have available to get the job done is the Talgeese whose pilot doesn't have Strike, and even with focus is a miserable 34% hit chance. However, she also has Support, and is near a lunar battleship. The following happens:
[spoiler]
-Attack the battleship with valor.
-Marybell Support defends just as planned.
-Marybell taunts with "Are you all bark and no bite?" when taking the Heat Rod.
-Marybell then realizes her mecha's HP has dropped to zero from the attack and goes down screaming like a girl.
-Profit!
[/spoiler]

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2011, 07:15:44 PM »
Tch, Marybell. She annoyed me so in the anime - good for you that she went down. The less of her "amusing" banter and "charmingly eccentric" behavior, the better.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2011, 02:11:02 PM »
My work