Author Topic: All-purpose Super Robot Wars thread  (Read 27594 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: All-purpose Super Robot Wars thread
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2010, 04:32:39 PM »
Also, I should learn Japanese.
But in Japanese your name would be Kyuubi. ???
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2010, 02:11:34 PM »
I see oslecamo has a new av.
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2010, 02:33:14 PM »
For some reason, the combination between his AV and his forum title is really hilarious for me.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2010, 02:49:15 PM »
For some reason, the combination between his AV and his forum title is really hilarious for me.

"Awww... now I only have Bullet-kun."

EDIT: You want contrast? You can't handle the contrast!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 02:55:10 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2010, 02:59:54 PM »
Hey, this forum has a PbP part? Nice.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2010, 10:10:52 PM »
Just came across this.

...what? It's in SRW J.

Quote from: Mission 4
Gai: "This burning passion is building within me! ...Wait, no. Just hunger."
I really have to watch Nadeisco.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 10:22:20 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2011, 02:21:12 PM »
SRW Z is having a sequel.

I don't know whether to cheer or cry. The latter because I don't have a PSP. Although like Tengu said on that other forum, there is that note on how the sequel is "split into two parts" whatever that means. I don't assume they're going with the Compact 2 approach - maybe it means it will have a PSP and a PS2/PS3 release? Sorta like Advance, with its GBA and PSP versions.

At any rate. Awesome, awesome, awesome list of series included. Almost too good to be true. VOTOMS? Dai-Guard? Getter Robo Armageddon? Beautiful.

I hope to see Rand and Setsuko again. Probably as supporting cast for the new protagonist(s).

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2011, 04:16:00 PM »
Quote from: Prime32
Getter Robo: Armageddon [...] provides a good way to tie TTGL in.

What are the odds we'll see a combination attack between Dancougar, Dancougar Nova and Gravion?

I hope to see Rand and Setsuko again. Probably as supporting cast for the new protagonist(s).
Obviously, one of the heroes will be named Uhs.
My work

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2011, 06:55:25 PM »
The two Dancougars and Gravion will have a combination attack - the Ultimate Obaringer!

Anyway, saw some pics linked on gamefaqs. The article itself looks legit enough, so I hope it's not a fake. I really, really hope it's not.

VOTOMS, man. Seriously.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2011, 07:41:05 PM »
How are you suposed to put them side by side with something like Getter Armageddon and make it work?
You mean the series where 90% of Earth's population die horribly? Then some of the survivors get used as human shields? Then the "hero" non-chalantly kills the survivors to get through? And where the only way to avoid your own mech eating you is to be violently insane? And then you get to see in the future where that stopped working and you willingly killed everyone in the universe?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 07:46:59 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2011, 07:44:13 PM »
I'm not concerned about this. Mechanics-wise, it's not that there was no precedence - J and W had Nadesico and FMP, which have pretty low-powered and realistic reals (well, except for Lambda Driver) fighting alongside Mazinkaiser. And the Alpha series had both tiny Valkyrie Fighters and the taking-on-millions-and-winning Gunbuster. Sometimes this even happens within boundaries of one series, like in Overman King Gainer.

As for the series feel, the cynical and idealistic series clashing with each other is a lot of fun in SRW! Well, when you can understand what is going on.

And yeah, Armageddon is pretty grimdark itself. Shouldn't they go with the Shin vs Neo version? Not that I mind but it should be easier to incorporate.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2011, 07:45:41 PM »
And yeah, Armageddon is pretty grimdark itself. Shouldn't they go with the Shin vs Neo version? Not that I mind but it should be easier to incorporate.
Where do you think the depopulated wasteland in TTGL came from?
My work

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2011, 08:00:18 PM »
How are you suposed to put them side by side with something like Getter Armageddon and make it work?
You mean the series where 90% of Earth's population die horribly? Then some of the survivors get used as human shields? Then the "hero" non-chalantly kills the survivors to get through?

Precisely! Getter robo armagedon is about  some spirited characters whose machines punch trough whole armies (literally) by themselves! Pretty much all mecha series do that actualy. VOTOMs doesn't however.

Even Valkyries and Nadesico and FMP kick ass against overwhelming odds, but in VOTOMs being outnumbered is actually pretty bad news.

Where do you think the depopulated wasteland in TTGL came from?

So, is Lord Spiral actually the last surviving Getter Pilot :p

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2011, 08:08:18 PM »
Also, adding new series to SRW Z's universe is very easy. You just make it so yet another world is fused into the gestalt we have now. For example, a post-apocalyptic one with Getter and TTGL, or something that houses Wing, 00 and Code Geass.

Much more believable than pretending the PLANTs were there all along, we simply didn't pay attention to them until now.

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2011, 08:16:23 PM »
Also, adding new series to SRW Z's universe is very easy. You just make it so yet another world is fused into the gestalt we have now. For example, a post-apocalyptic one with Getter and TTGL, or something that houses Wing, 00 and Code Geass.

Much more believable than pretending the PLANTs were there all along, we simply didn't pay attention to them until now.

Please, what SRW doesn't include at least one being able to reshape/fuse/destroy realities? :lmao

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2011, 08:16:54 PM »
Of course that makes sense. That's why they're so angry! :p

So, is Lord Spiral actually the last surviving Getter Pilot :p
It's Lordgenome. And when flashbacks to his fight against the Anti-Spirals are shown, his army seems to include Mazinger Z and the RX-78 Gundam among others.
Quote from: TVTropes http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WMG/TengenToppaGurrenLagann
This means that Lord Genome is a Banpresto Original gone horribly wrong.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 08:32:10 PM by Prime32 »
My work

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2011, 09:19:03 PM »
Quote from: TVTropes http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WMG/TengenToppaGurrenLagann
This means that Lord Genome is a Banpresto Original gone horribly wrong.

Well, Ideon can blow up the very universe every time it shows up in a SRW, and Shaddow Mirror Kyosuke went so wrong even the very villains prefered to run away to another dimension with a flawed device than face him. Business as usual when dealing with super robots.

Also if they put Getter Robo armageddon, I demand to see GIGA NAKED DRILL BREAKER!!!  :P

Gundam Optimal

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2011, 06:20:12 PM »
Hey guys. Very irregular poster here, just now getting back to the site, and I noticed this thread. Big fan of the games, and enjoying OGIN.

I'm currently halfway through my second playthrough of J, and I was thinking about having my third be done as a Lets Play. Do you guys think that kind of thread would work on this site?
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."

The enemy is stupidity and our chosen weapons are giant robots: A Let's Play of Super Robot Wars J