Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question, Part 20: Return of the Dread Gazebo  (Read 188009 times)

Emo_Duck

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
Re: Ask a Simple Question, Part 20: Return of the Dread Gazebo
« Reply #420 on: December 03, 2010, 10:14:15 PM »
A144: Since a Prismatic Wall must be a vertical plane, you could divide the gas cloud in question, but I think that's pretty much it.

Q147: Is Recall Death augmentable like the lower-level Recall Agony? As in, will the save DC increase by 1 per 2 extra PP spent, and will the damage on a succesful save increase by 1d6 per PP spent? Or is the augmentation section usually disregarded when a power functions "as [previous power]"?

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #421 on: December 03, 2010, 10:15:23 PM »
Bump

Q 145 If an Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil using a warding, is it in any way vocal? ie Would I hear it being cast like you would Prismatic Wall?

Q 146 The Phantom in MMV has a vulnerability to ghost touch weapons at +50%. Is there a way around that, or a way to lower that?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #422 on: December 03, 2010, 11:07:58 PM »

Q 145 If an Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil using a warding, is it in any way vocal? ie Would I hear it being cast like you would Prismatic Wall?

A145 No you would not be able to hear it as it is a spell like ability and therefor has no vocal components.

Abner

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #423 on: December 04, 2010, 01:37:00 AM »
Q148 If you're a Necropolitan pc , do you gain the class HD or the D12, from LM ?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 03:00:15 AM by Abner »

Garryl

• Hong Kong
« Reply #424 on: December 04, 2010, 02:16:51 AM »
Abner, you should be Q 148. Emo_Duck had Q 147 a couple of posts above you.

Q 149: Since Vow of Poverty grants benefits based on your character level, does that mean that it is a level dependent effect that will be reduced by negative levels?
A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
General listing of my homebrew.
Links to things I've worked on
[spoiler]
Idiot Crusader, refreshing maneuvers for free every round.
The Opposed Checks Handbook - Under construction.
Adaptations Handbook - Under construction.
[/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #425 on: December 04, 2010, 02:17:31 AM »
Q146 If you're a Necropolitan pc , do you gain the class HD or the D12, from LM ?
D12, no con bonus

And honestly, question numbers are entirely pointless.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #426 on: December 04, 2010, 03:07:54 AM »

Q 149: Since Vow of Poverty grants benefits based on your character level, does that mean that it is a level dependent effect that will be reduced by negative levels?
No.  You never lose feats because of negative levels.

Garryl

• Hong Kong
« Reply #427 on: December 04, 2010, 03:11:47 AM »

No.  You never lose feats because of negative levels.

I'm not saying you'd lose VoP from negative levels. What I'm asking is if the level-dependent benefits (AC bonuses, save bonuses, ability score bonuses, etc.) would be reduced to those that you would normally gain for your lower effective level.

For instance, say VoP gave you a +10 exalted bonus to your Foo checks at level 12, and a +20 bonus at level 16. If you were level 16 and got hit by 4 negative levels, would to VoP exalted bonus to your Foo checks drop down to +10?
A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
General listing of my homebrew.
Links to things I've worked on
[spoiler]
Idiot Crusader, refreshing maneuvers for free every round.
The Opposed Checks Handbook - Under construction.
Adaptations Handbook - Under construction.
[/spoiler]

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #428 on: December 04, 2010, 04:23:40 AM »
Q/A141:  OK, I read Squire of Legend, but I'm not seeing how it lets you use your racial abilities more frequently.  Did I miss something?

Lesser Squire's Burden: Reikhardt allows you to grant someone an extra Su or Ex ability use, once per day.

Q150: If an ability lets you do something to your Ally, are you Allies with yourself?  What if you used the Psionic power that gives you two minds?
Q151: Assuming the answer to that is no, what are some ways other than Squire of Legend to get additional uses out of the Synad's racial Multitask?  I know of Improved Multitask (or whatever the feat is from the same book) already.
Q152: Multitask only seems to grant you a swift action, and that has to be a mental only swift action.  Not quite the quicken that was advertised.  What are some good uses for a Swift Mental Only action?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 04:26:04 AM by Sobolev »
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

Quote from: Negative Zero on November 04, 2009, 02:16:14 AM
In my humble opinion, CO is haberdashery. Some say we're mad, but we can all agree we're hatters. Yes, we have potential to make very sophisticated hats, very fancy hats, be they dark or light. But the truth is that the color of the hat does not come from the group of us - our community doesn't directly produce hats. We simply give average head circumferences, list current fashion trends, and point out some shiny, obscure baubles to add to the latest hat line.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #429 on: December 04, 2010, 04:51:39 AM »
Q 146 The Phantom in MMV has a vulnerability to ghost touch weapons at +50%. Is there a way around that, or a way to lower that?
[/quote]

And

Q 150 What'd be a good feat to take at 1st level for a Factotum? I read the handbook, but it doesn't really say "take this at 1st" anywhere.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

Shinji

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #430 on: December 04, 2010, 05:40:35 AM »

And

Q 150 What'd be a good feat to take at 1st level for a Factotum? I read the handbook, but it doesn't really say "take this at 1st" anywhere.
[/quote]

Factotums want to take Fount of Inspiration.  It's here: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/frcc/20070606

Font of Inspiration

You have unearthed of well of inspiration from within your soul.

Prerequisite: Int 15, Must have Inspiration as a class feature.

Benefits: When you take this feat for the first time, you gain 1 inspiration point.

Special: You can take this multiple times. Each time you take this feat after the first time, the number of inspiration points you gain increases by 1 (for example, you gain 2 inspiration points if you take the feat a second time). The maximum number of times you can take this feat is equal to your Intelligence modifier.

That will pretty much be a good feat at any level.

Q. 153:  Is there any way to see through several thick walls for the purposes of archery?  Brilliant energy will let me shoot through walls, but the only way to remove the miss chance appears to be True Strike.  Any ideas?

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #431 on: December 04, 2010, 05:45:23 AM »
Master of The Silent Sound (or maybe Master of the Hidden Sound) from dragon lets you see through things.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #432 on: December 04, 2010, 06:27:06 AM »
Master of The Silent Sound (or maybe Master of the Hidden Sound) from dragon lets you see through things.
Clairvoyance, perhaps?

The_Laughing_Man

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #433 on: December 04, 2010, 09:58:07 AM »
Q151: Assume that water is gushing through an opening in a stone wall. Can one use a Wall of Stone spell to block it? Specifically, is flowing water treated as an object? The wall cannot be conjured so that it occupies the same space as a creature or another object. Can one cast it underwater?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 10:02:01 AM by The_Laughing_Man »

CantripN

• Hong Kong
  • Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
« Reply #434 on: December 04, 2010, 10:17:16 AM »
A151 - I'd say that it doesn't count as an object. I'd count anything you can't move through to be an object, otherwise we're stuck at "Wall of Stone can never be used, at all".
Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #435 on: December 04, 2010, 10:30:13 AM »
A150
If you ever plan on leaving factotum for any reason (multiclassing, PrC, etc.), then you probably want to take Able Learner.

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

Kaville

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #436 on: December 04, 2010, 10:39:13 AM »
Q154(Fixing numbering) What is a good polymorph form that can wield a weapon, and has pounce?

CantripN

• Hong Kong
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
« Reply #437 on: December 04, 2010, 10:44:14 AM »
Q154(Fixing numbering) What is a good polymorph form that can wield a weapon, and has pounce?
War Troll works. Depends on your HD, really.
Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.

jolt

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #438 on: December 04, 2010, 11:34:31 AM »
Q155: If I take the ghost template to become an Undead (Augmented Humanoid, Incorporeal). Then take the Otherworldly feat, my type becomes Outsider and I'll be protected from Turning. But will I totally lose the Undead type and all it's benefits? If so, it doesn't seem like a good trade.

CantripN

• Hong Kong
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
« Reply #439 on: December 04, 2010, 12:07:45 PM »
A155: There's a table in Savage Species about which type takes over. Undead wins over Outsider. Plus, I don't think you qualify for it, anyway.