Author Topic: TOUHOU!!!  (Read 128443 times)

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: TOUHOU!!!
« Reply #480 on: September 05, 2011, 04:42:53 PM »
[spoiler]Only half and half in Keine and Youmu's cases. :P

For best effect they all get drunk and have a massive brawl right there and the Hakurei Shrine is destroyed.

Again.
[/spoiler]
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #481 on: September 12, 2011, 04:42:05 PM »
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #483 on: September 23, 2011, 12:47:13 AM »
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 11:12:55 PM by Prime32 »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #484 on: September 26, 2011, 09:05:09 PM »
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #485 on: September 26, 2011, 10:58:20 PM »
That last bit is a parody homage to Saint Seiya's first opening.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #486 on: September 28, 2011, 03:09:25 PM »
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 11:49:11 AM by Prime32 »
My work

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #488 on: October 12, 2011, 08:11:36 PM »
Add this to the list of things that need Touhou parodies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBnMdJimDU0
My work

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #489 on: October 21, 2011, 08:13:35 PM »
Re UFO N1CC: Damn crazy lasers got me at the last minute.

But the real problem was Murasa's survival card. Took out four of my lives, left me with one bomb. I only got to Shou because I got a lucky RRR right when Nazrin appears (which blew up the UFO and gave me the 1-up piece I needed).

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #490 on: October 24, 2011, 09:48:44 PM »
Someone did that crossover I wanted to do.
[spoiler]How can you do something like this and not use the UFO cast to represent the X-Laws? :grave Ryu/Marisa matches at least.[/spoiler]
My work

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #491 on: October 24, 2011, 10:39:00 PM »
Someone did that crossover I wanted to do.
[spoiler]How can you do something like this and not use the UFO cast to represent the X-Laws? :grave Ryu/Marisa matches at least.[/spoiler]

Huh, here I thought that I was the only one that didn't associate Shaman King with the cut and censored crap from Fox Kids.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #492 on: October 25, 2011, 10:45:29 AM »
Huh, here I thought that I was the only one that didn't associate Shaman King with the cut and censored crap from Fox Kids.
Yes, it's surprising how many Japanese people don't watch 4Kids dubs. :p
But seriously, Shaman King was one of their least-censored works (though some of the name changes are inexplicable) - they left in torture scenes and direct references to Shinto. And then parents complained, just before they started on One Piece.
My work

Mooncrow

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #493 on: October 25, 2011, 10:58:44 AM »
But seriously, Shaman King was one of their least-censored works (though some of the name changes are inexplicable) - they left in torture scenes and direct references to Shinto. And then parents complained, just before they started on One Piece.

So, we can blame Shaman King for everything then? 

I kid, I kid.  The Japanese version of Shaman King is one of the few animes I think is superior to its manga. 

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #494 on: October 25, 2011, 11:11:22 AM »

So, we can blame Shaman King for everything then? 

I kid, I kid.  The Japanese version of Shaman King is one of the few animes I think is superior to its manga. 

Well, the manga ended with the author saying [spoiler]"and thus Haou won and the world was still the same somehow."[/spoiler] So that's not particularly surprising.

I never actually watched the anime the whole way through.

Hmmm. SK would make an interesting setting for a freeform.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Mooncrow

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #495 on: October 25, 2011, 12:03:15 PM »

Well, the manga ended with the author saying [spoiler]"and thus Haou won and the world was still the same somehow."[/spoiler] So that's not particularly surprising.

Yeah, I don't even want to talk about the manga ending.  The anime spent a lot of time focusing on the non-Yoh members of the cast, which was to its benefit I think.  And I think they told a better story after they went off script about 2/3 of the way through the show.  

(I don't think I've ever made a necromancer that wasn't based on Faust VIII^^)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 12:34:28 PM by Mooncrow »

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #496 on: October 25, 2011, 12:34:03 PM »

Yeah, I don't even want to talk about the manga ending.  The anime spent a lot of time focusing on the non-Yoh members of the cast, which was to it's benefit I think.  And I think they told a better story after they went off script about 2/3 of the way through the show. 

(I don't think I've ever made a necromancer that wasn't based on Faust VIII^^)

Faust is a really damn cool character. In the manga he pretty much gets reduced to the role of team medic, though.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #497 on: October 25, 2011, 03:02:48 PM »
Take it to the anime thread if you want to go any further with this. :p

EDIT: On another note, apparently Kanako was voiced by Yukana here. Huh.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 03:58:23 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #498 on: October 25, 2011, 03:04:52 PM »
Fair enough. Can I talk you into a SK freeform, Prime?  :p

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #499 on: October 27, 2011, 11:03:14 AM »
Posted at GitP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1E2DsxvyCQ

Fair enough. Can I talk you into a SK freeform, Prime?  :p
Meh.
My work