Author Topic: TOUHOU!!!  (Read 128434 times)

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
Re: TOUHOU!!!
« Reply #360 on: June 10, 2011, 05:10:11 AM »
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Moonrunes: "No good, huh?"
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #361 on: June 10, 2011, 09:12:34 AM »
Hina can't help.

Keine can  :smirk
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #362 on: June 13, 2011, 06:37:26 PM »
How would you place the Touhous into tiers?

Roughly:
[spoiler]Tier 1 - Overseer
Bishamonten
The Dragon God
Shikieiki Yamaxanadu

Tier 2 - Hax
Suika Ibuki
Yuuka Kazami
Yuyuko Saigyouji
Flandre Scarlet
Watatsuki no Toyohime
Watatsuki no Yorihime
Yukari Yakumo

Tier 3 - Overpowered
Reimu Hakurei
Byakuren Hijiri
Nue Houjou
Keine Kamishirasawa
Fujiwara no Mokou
Tenshi Hinanawa
Kaguya Houraisan
Alice Margatroid (with Grimoire)
Mima
Suwako Moriya
Utsuho Reiuji
Remilia Scarlet
Eirin Yagokoro
Ran Yakumo
Kanako Yasaka

Tier 4 - Powerful
Chen (with Ran)
Yuugi Hoshiguma
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Sakuya Izayoi
Marisa Kirisame
Patchouli Knowledge
Sanae Kochiya
Youmu Konpaku
Alice Margatroid (without Grimoire)
Minamitsu Murasa
Aya Shameimaru
Shou Toramaru

Tier 5 - Average
Cirno (circa Fairy Wars)
Momiji Inubashiri
Nitori Kawashiro
Ichirin Kumoi + Unzan
Hong Meiling
Parsee Mizuhashi
Lunasa Prismriver
Lyrica Prismriver
Merlin Prismriver

Tier 6 - Weak
Cirno (first appearance)
Chen (alone)
Daiyousei
Kisume
Koakuma
Letty
Luna Child
Mystia Lorelei
Rumia
Star Sapphire
Sunny Milk
Wriggle Nightbug

Tier 7 - Non-combatant
Hieda no Akyuu
Rinnosuke Morichika[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 08:43:17 AM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #363 on: June 13, 2011, 07:53:24 PM »
Alice is underrated there, I think. Her power is comparable with Marisa, heck, unlike other Stage Bosses with fairies making up the gap, she IS the whole stage, and operates every single minion.

Flan and Yuka probably can go down one step. They have unmatched destructive ability(and can split) but don't really have any 'hax' type abilities. Just a really really big beam.

Ex-Keine might move up a tier, due to the nature of her power being inherently hax.
Reimu MIGHT be hax, its hard to tell. Later incarnations of Sanae as well, shes well towards goddess more than priestess at this rate.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #364 on: June 13, 2011, 08:07:21 PM »
Alice is underrated there, I think. Her power is comparable with Marisa, heck, unlike other Stage Bosses with fairies making up the gap, she IS the whole stage, and operates every single minion.
Wasn't really sure which to put her in.

Flan and Yuka probably can go down one step. They have unmatched destructive ability(and can split) but don't really have any 'hax' type abilities. Just a really really big beam.
Flan has a ranged version of the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception...

Ex-Keine might move up a tier, due to the nature of her power being inherently hax.
But can she do anything with it?

Reimu MIGHT be hax, its hard to tell. Later incarnations of Sanae as well, shes well towards goddess more than priestess at this rate.
Uh huh.
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #365 on: June 13, 2011, 08:15:19 PM »
Yukari should definetely be on the top tier, since:
-She gets a dificulty category just for her.
-It's heavily implied she's the one running the Gengyoko barrier.
-She once got all youkais of Gengyoko togheter in a massive army to attack the moon.
-She crushes down the temples of other gods for the lulz.
-She managed to make Reimu colapse in tears once.

Kaguya is at least tier 2 with her ability to manipulate eternity, perfect immortality and multiple relics. During the full moon she definetely rises to tier 1 and can directly challenge Reimu-Yukari tag teams. Either way, she's certainly stronger than Eirin.

She was also the Ex Boss of the 5th game. You know, the one where the battle with the boss before causes hell to burn up.

And in Imperishable Night she's Remilia/Yukari/Yuyuko's counterpart. She's very serious business when she needs to be, it's just that she hates geting serious.

Remember, the dolls are an hobby. Alice's true power is in her grimoir, but you need to really push her buttons to make her use it.

But it clearly has some serious limitations (I speculate either massive channeling time, or simply high risk of making things even worst if she tries to rewrite reality too much), otherwise she would be the one going problem-solving. She clearly cares a lot about humans unlike most other high tiers.

Reimu being hax is her power last time I checked, with exceptional natural talent to keep peace in Gengyoko at any costs. She beats up gods for breakfast and archmages for snack time. She's not Yukari's chosen champion for nothing.

This is, dragons are the strongest beings in Gengyoko, and Reimu has a freaking Dragon-slaying circle spellcard!

Sanae's pretty strong, but so far doesn't have much on the hax deparment.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #366 on: June 13, 2011, 08:19:21 PM »
Well, at least Marisa's peer for Alice, if not stronger(but she doesn't reach hax).

Flan's power basis is strong, the ability to control destruction. However she doesn't really have a lot of control over it for the most part. Maybe due to insanity.
Ex-Keine, IIRC, does have enough mastery to edit history(she could put the village back after hiding its history), but  the peripheral clues around it suggests that she is limited to what COULD have happened(so she can't just say Yuka Kazami lost to Sunnymilk) and it does take effort. So together with having access to it once a month, that might slide her down I guess.

Remilia might qualify for Hax if her fate manipulation is quantifiable, but most of the versions are rather full of brag.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #367 on: June 13, 2011, 08:26:09 PM »
Well, at least Marisa's peer for Alice, if not stronger(but she doesn't reach hax).
Justified several times that Marisa almost fully focus in offensive combat magic and always gives her best, whereas the other magicians in Touhou invest in other fields of study and don't really have that much enthusiasm for battle (cough-mukyu-cough).

You know her Final Word spellcard in Imperishable Night, Blazing Star? The comment says it's not even classified as danmaku, but simply Marisa desesperately ramming the enemy, but her oponents allow it because she's an ordinary human and really doesn't have much choices.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #368 on: June 13, 2011, 10:43:03 PM »
Ex-Keine, IIRC, does have enough mastery to edit history(she could put the village back after hiding its history), but  the peripheral clues around it suggests that she is limited to what COULD have happened(so she can't just say Yuka Kazami lost to Sunnymilk) and it does take effort. So together with having access to it once a month, that might slide her down I guess.
To be fair, Sunny is probably immune to Master Spark. :p

The Watatsuki sisters were never in a game, and Suika wasn't in one with the standard difficulties (apart from IaMP she was in Shoot the Bullet... where she was the final target on Stage EX, after Yukari). In supplementary material Yukari gets scared when she realises Shikieiki is approaching and says she'd stand no chance against her.
Reimu is running the barrier, but we see Yukari repairing the barrier once. It consists of allowing some fairies to live in a tree. So yeah. And the Dragon God created Gensokyo itself.
-She once got all youkais of Gengyoko togheter in a massive army to attack the moon.
And failed. The Watatsuki sisters were also able to block her boundary abilities.
The Hakurei Shrine gets destroyed how often?
Meh, Aya could probably manage that too. :p
Kaguya is at least tier 2 with her ability to manipulate eternity, perfect immortality and multiple relics. During the full moon she definetely rises to tier 1 and can directly challenge Reimu-Yukari tag teams. Either way, she's certainly stronger than Eirin.
IN was one of the easiest games in the series, and Kaguya is often considered easier to defeat than Eirin. And why do you think Yukari was using her full power?

She was also the Ex Boss of the 5th game. You know, the one where the battle with the boss before causes hell to burn up.
With her Grimoire unsealed. Without it she was the Stage 3 boss of the same game.

And in Imperishable Night she's Remilia/Yukari/Yuyuko's counterpart. She's very serious business when she needs to be, it's just that she hates geting serious.

Remember, the dolls are an hobby. Alice's true power is in her grimoir, but you need to really push her buttons to make her use it.
I was assuming that her grimoire was sealed, since with it she's practically a different character. She's one of the characters who'd have multiple positions.

But it clearly has some serious limitations (I speculate either massive channeling time, or simply high risk of making things even worst if she tries to rewrite reality too much), otherwise she would be the one going problem-solving. She clearly cares a lot about humans unlike most other high tiers.
This. She wasn't even able to fully hide the village, since the characters could still see it.

Reimu being hax is her power last time I checked, with exceptional natural talent to keep peace in Gengyoko at any costs. She beats up gods for breakfast and archmages for snack time. She's not Yukari's chosen champion for nothing.
Thing is... The Doctor regularly saves all of spacetime, armed only with a screwdriver (his time machine is just used to get to the required place). Does this make him god-tier?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 11:18:33 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #369 on: June 13, 2011, 11:08:44 PM »

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #370 on: June 13, 2011, 11:20:14 PM »

I don't think Master Spark is light based...
Yuuka mutters to the Mini-Hakkero tenderly? I didn't know Rinnosuke was a time traveller and surgeon. :p
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 11:30:16 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #371 on: June 13, 2011, 11:28:26 PM »

I don't think Master Spark is light based...
Yuuka mutters to the Mini-Hakkero tenderly? I didn't know Rinnosuke was a time traveller and surgeon. :p

Yuuka's is more a manifestation of raw power than focusing light into a laser.

Mima's Twilight Spark, on the other hand, is easily light-based.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #372 on: June 13, 2011, 11:33:46 PM »
Yuuka's is more a manifestation of raw power than focusing light into a laser.

Mima's Twilight Spark, on the other hand, is easily light-based.
And also, invented by Touhou Soccer. Mima cannot use Master Spark in any form, her signature spell is Orreries Sun. Nor does she display the abillity to copy other peoples' spells like Marisa.

Plus, Yuuka is a Grass-type. :p
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #373 on: June 14, 2011, 02:19:11 AM »
Reimu is running the barrier, but we see Yukari repairing the barrier once. It consists of allowing some fairies to live in a tree. So yeah. And the Dragon God created Gensokyo itself.
Looking at the official comics, Reimu's basically the janitor for it. She just keeps it functional, clears away the riffraff, but doesn't really get how it works. Heck, she damages it by accident every so often, I guess shes really just the focus for the barrier.

As for Kaguya, as seen in Imperishable Night, shes easier than Eirin....but only when shes just showing off her Impossible Requests. The End of Imperishable Night cards are the ones using her manipulation of eternity(ending the spell of Imperishable Night in a little over a minute), and THOSE are friggin impossible. So I dare say she can go up the rankings a bit, her bling isn't that special as final bosses go.

Reimu's hax though, is that in addition to her Hakurei Miko powers over the barrier, yin yang orbs and natural talent(I think this is the flying miko and fantasy heaven origins), she can also channel apparently any number of japan's gods to do whats needed. If she bothered.

So, put into tiers I'd suggest the following Tiers:
Tier 1: God/Ruler/Creator of a realm of existence. The Dragon, Shinki, Shikieiki as examples. They're beyond the pale. Yukari and Yuyuko might fall into the 1.5 range, they can be said to have a realm, but aren't exactly in control.

Tier 2: Full out reality warpers. Yukari and Suika. To a lesser degree, Reimu(when really rockin ALL her mikopowers), Sanae and the Watatsuki sisters, followed by Ex-Keine(note, nobody could find the hidden village except Yukari, and thats because she could see the border), Kaguya, Eirin and Remilia. These 2.5s either have a narrower range of manipulation, limitations on their use, uncertain effects or they just aren't using their full effort. Also, any Magician, with time and prep, can temporarily achieve effects of this level via some spell anyway.

Tier 3: Person of Mass Destruction. Pretty much the bulk of the cast. Flandre and Yuuka sit at the top of this, they'd be higher, if they could do anything except fight. Marisa, Alice, Mokou(on the high end due to immortality), Okuu, Ran, Patchouli, Sakuya, Aya, etc, etc. This is primarily a measure of sheer brawn, they could beat higher tiers if it comes to a contest of raw power, but they won't be editing reality. Most of these are Stage 4 and above, but theres exceptions(Alice is running her whole Stage single handedly, plus not fighting seriously, "Well, perhaps I shall partake of your small spring as well?" Hur Hur). Generally if its been a main character it's at least here. Cirno might have to be a 3.5 in her later incarnations by that standard though.

Tier 4: Dangerous to humans. Generally hazardous night predators...if you were an ordinary human. Mystia, Letty, Cirno, Chen(though if I'm not mistaken, Chen could be 3.5, shes a full blown spellcaster, but she wasn't fighting that hard) etc. Any main character generally finds them to be little more than a speedbump though.

Tier 5: Laughingstock. Most fairies and probably Stage 1 Bosses. They'd pose a threat to a human, but any adventurer types probably won't have much difficulty in getting rid of them. More because of being dumb(Unnamed Fairies) and incompetent(Rumia, Miss I Can't See Where I'm Going) though.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 02:23:01 AM by veekie »
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #374 on: June 14, 2011, 03:31:16 AM »
House set of Imperishable Night
House Set of Mountain of Faith
House Set of Undefined Fantastic Object

Thought I'd share these with you guys, since they're really good (UFO's isn't quite my taste, but it's still good).

[spoiler][/spoiler]

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #375 on: June 14, 2011, 07:09:05 AM »
The Watatsuki sisters were never in a game, and Suika wasn't in one with the standard difficulties (apart from IaMP she was in Shoot the Bullet... where she was the final target on Stage EX, after Yukari). In supplementary material Yukari gets scared when she realises Shikieiki is approaching and says she'd stand no chance against her.
I have my doubts about Suika since she's usually just running around drunk. I'll give you about Shikieiki and and the Watatsuki sisters, but only because they're more hax than hax.

On an artifact of tremendous power you mean, which could cause a catastrophe if it fell on the wrong hands. And in one of the suplementary materials we have Rinosuke asking help for Reimu to talk to Yukari. Reimu has no idea where she is, so she just weakens the barrier herself, and Yukari instantly appears to scold her.

On those same suplementary materials, we have Yukari with almost omniscent powers by creating a portal to stop Rinosuke from crushing a recently acquired game boy she wanted in the last moment, and from the other side of Gensokyo to boot.

And who said anything about the dragon god creating it? I remember it being humans with the help of some youkai.

And failed. The Watatsuki sisters were also able to block her boundary abilities.
Again, they're more hax than hax, since they have the backup of the lunar race that terraformed the moon, discovered the immortality elixir, and one of them being enough to solo Marisa, Reimu Remilia and Sakuya one after the other, not to mention plainly ignoring danmaku rules by geting hit and not losing.

The Hakurei Shrine gets destroyed how often?
As far as I remember, only in Scarlet Weather Rhapsody. The two 1st games are with her shrine being infested, but only in SWR is it actually destroyed.

Meh, Aya could probably manage that too. :p
Photos or it can't happen! :P

IN was one of the easiest games in the series, and Kaguya is often considered easier to defeat than Eirin. And why do you think Yukari was using her full power?
Bad meme. Eirin isn't any harder to defeat than Kaguya. On the other hand like Veekie pointed out, when Eirin's and Kaguya's basic spellcards are depleted, Kaguya gets serious and uses her manipulation of eternity powers, locking your bombs and your lifes, and those last attacks are some of the hardest on the whole series.

Really, Eirin is Kaguya's subbosss, and and when Eirin is defeated, it's Kaguya that shows up to save her ass, not the other way around. Bad meme is bad.

As for the game looking easier, it's probably because it's also the only game where we can play as tag teams of heavy hitters, which results in extended borders of life and death plus the Final Word bombs. In no other Touhou game so many advantages are given to the player.

With her Grimoire unsealed. Without it she was the Stage 3 boss of the same game.

I was assuming that her grimoire was sealed, since with it she's practically a different character. She's one of the characters who'd have multiple positions.
Well I can agree with that. Put unsealed grimoire Alice on an higher tier.

Thing is... The Doctor regularly saves all of spacetime, armed only with a screwdriver (his time machine is just used to get to the required place). Does this make him god-tier?

Considering on how he's destroyed whole super-races and he himself belongs to a super-race that rewrites history as a hobby, yes, the Doctor is definetely god-tier. :p

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #376 on: June 14, 2011, 08:34:06 AM »
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 09:53:05 AM by Prime32 »
My work

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #377 on: June 14, 2011, 11:49:07 AM »
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #378 on: June 16, 2011, 08:18:41 PM »
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #379 on: June 16, 2011, 11:36:08 PM »
So what are your favourite PVs?

Flame of Love is one of mine, just because of the music. :sobbing
The Memories of Phantasm is pretty much a given
Dunno the title here
Staggering Spirit, Keine's Staggering Song (turn on subtitles)
The Subterranean Prominence
The Fastest Highest Shutter Girl
As for parodies, ITS NAME IS....
My work