Author Topic: TOUHOU!!!  (Read 128457 times)

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
Re: TOUHOU!!!
« Reply #300 on: May 03, 2011, 08:24:08 PM »
Wich reminds me why Marisa is one of the most (if not the most) popular Touhou character.
Nope.

She won three of those contests. Reimu won other three. That means black-white and red-white are tied for first place for most popular Touhou character of all times, wich still puts Marisa on top.

Seven of ten contests have their results listed; one of the unlisted ones consisted only of spellcards. Of the seven listed contests, I count three first places for Reimu, two for Marisa, and two for Sakuya.
EDIT: Nevermind, the first was a tie between Sakuya and Marisa.
I fail to see how three "wins" for Marisa and three for Reimu puts her ahead in whatever it is you're measuring, though. Unless you mean sharing the top.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 08:26:44 PM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #301 on: May 03, 2011, 08:25:16 PM »
Wich reminds me why Marisa is one of the most (if not the most) popular Touhou character.
Nope.

She won three of those contests. Reimu won other three. That means black-white and red-white are tied for first place for most popular Touhou character of all times, wich still puts Marisa on top.

Seven of ten contests have their results listed; one of the unlisted ones consisted only of spellcards. Of the seven listed contests, I count three first places for Reimu, two for Marisa, and two for Sakuya.
One of them was a tie between Marisa and Sakuya.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #303 on: May 04, 2011, 12:57:19 AM »
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #304 on: May 07, 2011, 04:41:39 PM »
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 11:06:30 PM by Prime32 »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #305 on: May 08, 2011, 06:44:30 AM »
Most of them aren't really as chibi as they are usually depicted I think. A head shorter rather than waist height etc.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #306 on: May 09, 2011, 12:20:42 PM »
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #307 on: May 11, 2011, 05:07:11 PM »
My work

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #308 on: May 11, 2011, 08:34:01 PM »
Darn cultists. :shakefist

Yes shake that fist, the account holder closed his youtube account.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #309 on: May 11, 2011, 10:08:26 PM »
...Wow.

EDIT: Well, here's the song, but it's the lyrics I was reacting to.
[spoiler]She came back to our place after time like the eternity had passed.
The fantasy village brought dramatic improvements in marvelously.

She came back to our place after time like the eternity had passed.
It doesn't permit as she is forgotten by the newcomer's appearance.

Worship it!
She is guardians of mankind!
The god's power of equal matchless.
Absolute charisma unaffected also as for the changing world.
We believers must worship her!
The god's power of equal macthless.
We don't permit her to be going to be forgotten in the future.

The decrease in her influence in the fantasy village
was clear according to a long series of absence...
but, it came the revival!

Worship it!

Worship it!

Even if the appearance's an evil spirit
Even if the appearance's an evil spirit

In the divine protection of her is magic,
the fantasy village's freedom through all eternity.

Nostalgic laser light glitters over there of the horizon....
However, the light is a little different from what we were getting used to seeing.
The sea, the mountain, and the sky ...Oh! Resonate!
Glitter! MASTER SPARK![/spoiler]
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 10:23:27 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #311 on: May 12, 2011, 02:51:12 AM »
Sanae is still a good girl though. A very good psycho lesbian.  :clap
[spoiler][/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #312 on: May 12, 2011, 05:57:08 AM »
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 06:05:18 AM by veekie »
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #313 on: May 12, 2011, 02:48:17 PM »
Full version of Subterranean Prominence

I dunno, I thought the short version worked better.
My work

kamikasei

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #314 on: May 12, 2011, 04:42:01 PM »
SFT, I don't know what Suwako did but I approve of it.

I assumed you were linking something by the author of Mamange, though.
Bardiche/Raising Heart OTP.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #315 on: May 12, 2011, 04:53:51 PM »
SFT, I don't know what Suwako did but I approve of it.

I assumed you were linking something by the author of Mamange, though.

I've read that too. Didn't like that Sanae much better either.

Then again, I kinda don't like Sanae at all.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #316 on: May 12, 2011, 05:43:56 PM »
My work

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #317 on: May 12, 2011, 08:40:45 PM »
Then again, I kinda don't like Sanae at all.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?discussion=xnupk7n1ewtlbw3ce85px8nj&page=136
Might help

See, I've already readed that about Sanae, and I simply don't buy it. She's not an innocent everyday person. She never was.

[spoiler]

My god and I will be taking over this mountain now.
Then, if we can take over your shrine --

All of Gensokyo's faith will be ours

But this is also for Gensokyo's good.

Gensokyo will become weak if it continues in its
current state of lessened piety.

We'll all lose the power to cause miracles.

I'm Sanae, the wind priestess, Descendent of a long-forgotten line of gods incarnate in the outside world.

Sometimes, the humans that revere a god are themselves revered.
Sometimes, shrine maidens can become gods.

Since you're a shrine maiden, are you prepared for
such things to happen?

I see. Well, that's okay.
Why don't I do the punishing for you, instead?

Then, maybe you should watch and consider the power of a living god ...

The divine power to cause miracles!

[/spoiler]
Sanae's not some simple town girl. She's a mighty priestess drunk with divine power that believe's she's in her right to take over that mysterious land, and any who don't agree shall be crushed.

Even gangster Reimu just demands some protection money. Sanae is a full-out conqueror who takes great pleasure in her job and thinks beating the crap out of those weaker than you is fun.

Wich may explain her popularity anyway, just for the oposite reason. Sanae's popular because she got great easy power and actually enjoys it, contrasting with Reimu (easy power, but doesn't really enjoys it) and Marisa (enjoys power, but works damn hard to get it). Sanae's a walking delusion, a real world person who jumps into Gengyoko and gets to play on the high leagues right away.

Speaking of wich, I took the chance to check out Marisa's entry on that page, and I must sincerly ask if it didn't cross anybody's mind that the simple reason Marisa atracts the atention of so many magician youkai is simply because Marisa's a powerfull magician herself, instead of the typical "Marisa's some super-charismatic seductress!" I keep seeing.

EDIT: Exhibit A, Marisa's tought process

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #318 on: May 13, 2011, 02:34:09 AM »
Quote from: Subterranean Animism Ex
Sanae:
Hoho, I know how to give you a proper greeting this time.

You can't let yourself be trapped by common sense in Gensokyo, right?
I think shes flipped it a bit over leaving reality and going to Gensokyo.
1) Her magic is probably stronger in Gensokyo - Go from cantrips to world shaking power
2) Friends in reality, perhaps?
3) Once she goes there, everyone seems to be working on a completely different logic, based on beating each other up and getting very drunk.
4) A Shrine Maiden's job is technically Youkai Extermination
5) She always went all out.
6) Kanako is a war god.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #319 on: May 13, 2011, 08:53:14 AM »
[spoiler][/spoiler]