Author Topic: TOUHOU!!!  (Read 128690 times)

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
Re: TOUHOU!!!
« Reply #280 on: April 21, 2011, 10:32:53 PM »
Has there been any news on Ten Desires' OST? Or was there no sound test in the demo?
The tracks on the demo have been on youtube for a while.

I knew about those. Anything else beyond those?

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #281 on: April 21, 2011, 10:41:06 PM »
Has there been any news on Ten Desires' OST? Or was there no sound test in the demo?
The tracks on the demo have been on youtube for a while.

I knew about those. Anything else beyond those?

That's all.
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #282 on: April 22, 2011, 03:23:44 PM »
Beautiful - Kidnapped at Yuka/Yuyuko's, might have been beheaded at 8
I believe that would be Yuyu, since Yuka isn't exactly known for sleeping, and prefers to hang out around sunflowers.

Coward - Survived hanging as the narrator. Not human(or at least thinks that way). Hangs at the end.
Reimu confirms that the seven were all human.

Wisest - Lost in the darkness. Might have been beheaded at 8. or Flan'ed.
I believe he was Rumia'ed.

Mature - Poisoned by love potion. 'Sleeping'. Male.
Extract from Marisa's diary "Found idiot hanging around at Alice's house. Gave him some of my experimental mushroom potion 457. Subject is comatose, so took him to the shop. Won't need to go around looking for test subjects on the near future."

Wary - Crucified.
I understood that he was cursed by Alice nailing a vodoo doll of him shape to a tree, and he felt all the pain.

Also I would wild guess the doll carried away was Medicine Melancholy.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #283 on: April 22, 2011, 05:12:21 PM »
I believe that would be Yuyu, since Yuka isn't exactly known for sleeping, and prefers to hang out around sunflowers.
Yuka was first encountered sleeping actually. And then Marisa/Reimu blew up her house on the way. Her first battle image was even in a nightie.
There were eight. 7 humans, one neither human nor youkai(vampire/ghost/magician(pre youkai?)/spirit/celestial/dragon/half-youkai)

Getting Gossun-ed by Alice makes sense.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #284 on: April 22, 2011, 07:01:41 PM »
Yuka was first encountered sleeping actually. And then Marisa/Reimu blew up her house on the way. Her first battle image was even in a nightie.
To the BGM Sleeping Terror.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #285 on: April 23, 2011, 01:28:23 PM »
There were eight. 7 humans, one neither human nor youkai(vampire/ghost/magician(pre youkai?)/spirit/celestial/dragon/half-youkai)

Getting Gossun-ed by Alice makes sense.

I didn't explain myself well clearly. I believe the eight companion was Alice Margatroid herself, wich starts turning into a youkai as soon as they enter Gengyoko.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #286 on: April 23, 2011, 03:21:30 PM »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #287 on: April 23, 2011, 03:46:20 PM »
And shes neither because she was in between at the time. Yeah, got that.
Probably didn't kill all of them though, since the natives easily account for some.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #289 on: April 26, 2011, 05:04:39 PM »

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #290 on: April 29, 2011, 05:14:07 PM »

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #291 on: April 30, 2011, 03:15:37 PM »
My work

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #293 on: April 30, 2011, 04:44:22 PM »
Who let the girls get in those?
Cirno being able to use Over Heat is in my personal canon. :p
My work

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email

[spoiler][/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #296 on: May 03, 2011, 09:14:25 AM »
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #297 on: May 03, 2011, 07:56:53 PM »
Considering that Marisa is a mahou shoujo...

Magic Girl Army!

Funny how Mima still was left out. Sure she's a ghost, but only two on that group are still human anyway.

Wich reminds me why Marisa is one of the most (if not the most) popular Touhou character. Every other either was born with special powers or sold their soul for said powers. Marisa freakingly studied magic the long hard way with a ghost, sharpened her skills against the psycho-gangster shrine maiden that makes the gods themselves tremble, looted magic items from everywhere she went to progress her studies and managed to retain her humanity on the process (altough not her sanity, but that's for the weak).

EDIT:So what are the chances of Reimu becoming the incident?

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #298 on: May 03, 2011, 08:05:48 PM »
Wich reminds me why Marisa is one of the most (if not the most) popular Touhou character.
Nope.
My work

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #299 on: May 03, 2011, 08:15:26 PM »
Wich reminds me why Marisa is one of the most (if not the most) popular Touhou character.
Nope.

She won three of those contests. Reimu won other three. That means black-white and red-white are tied for first place for most popular Touhou character of all times, wich still puts Marisa on top.

Can't say UFO did much for Marisa's popularity mind you. Reimu gets to be badass gangster in hotblooded mode, while Marisa seems to actually want to behave like a good girl, afraid of a one-way trip to Makai, wanting to defeat Byakuren to protect humans... Even her B-mode is pathetic!

Only can hope Ten Desires gives us back the Marisa we all know and love.