Author Topic: TOUHOU!!!  (Read 128655 times)

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: TOUHOU!!!
« Reply #240 on: April 10, 2011, 04:23:52 AM »
Of course, they do wind up going "Eh, too much effort." after beating Mokou, I figure they're mostly bored.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #242 on: April 10, 2011, 08:33:17 PM »
One would expect that after beating the rabbit army and a moon princess they would be sated for at least a couple of days.
I hear rabbit tastes just like Mystia.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #244 on: April 14, 2011, 07:09:06 PM »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #245 on: April 15, 2011, 05:19:48 PM »
Ten Desires demo is out.
http://www.mediafire.com/?v65expl66aqccm2

EDIT: That was fast.

[spoiler]Yuyuko gets a new theme.
Yuyuko as a Stage 1 boss: Final confirmation that the games are really just an abstraction and offer guidelines as to personal power at best? Or did the incident weaken her?
Kyouko here has weird ears - very furry. Don't look like any easily recognizable animal that I can put my finger on.
I can honestly say that the Stage 3 midboss... surprised me.
Miyako has a charm on her forehead and sticks her arms out. Undead?

It looks like you go into a super-mode when you get hit - sort of an auto-deathbomb, but you still lose a life (presumably, if you actually deathbomb, this doesn't happen). Haven't tried the other characters yet, but Reimu's seems to be freaking Fantasy Heaven.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 06:22:45 PM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #246 on: April 15, 2011, 06:29:11 PM »
Yuyuko's just messing with Youmu, silly.
Maybe thats a Jiang Shi.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #247 on: April 15, 2011, 10:34:37 PM »
My work

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #248 on: April 16, 2011, 12:43:01 AM »
Ten Desires demo is out.
http://www.mediafire.com/?v65expl66aqccm2

EDIT: That was fast.

[spoiler]Yuyuko gets a new theme.
Yuyuko as a Stage 1 boss: Final confirmation that the games are really just an abstraction and offer guidelines as to personal power at best? Or did the incident weaken her?
Kyouko here has weird ears - very furry. Don't look like any easily recognizable animal that I can put my finger on.
I can honestly say that the Stage 3 midboss... surprised me.
Miyako has a charm on her forehead and sticks her arms out. Undead?

It looks like you go into a super-mode when you get hit - sort of an auto-deathbomb, but you still lose a life (presumably, if you actually deathbomb, this doesn't happen). Haven't tried the other characters yet, but Reimu's seems to be freaking Fantasy Heaven.[/spoiler]

Just played it.

Youmu looks so much cuter now. And her Focus style is rather fun.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #249 on: April 16, 2011, 06:36:00 AM »
Yuyuko's just messing with Youmu, silly.
Maybe thats a Jiang Shi.
Considering she uses the same sprite after being defeated as in the pre-battle dialogue, no clothing damage or anything, that's most likely the case. She's not even winded.

Why did I not think of this?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 06:40:05 AM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #250 on: April 16, 2011, 07:11:40 AM »
Lets her use her strength I suppose, maybe Meiling can get further if she mixed some melee into her danmaku too.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #251 on: April 16, 2011, 07:20:55 AM »
Lets her use her strength I suppose, maybe Meiling can get further if she mixed some melee into her danmaku too.
She already was no slouch at Danmaku as a Stage 5 boss, so I suppose being able to apply her specialty too puts her at PC tier. Makes sense.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 07:24:24 AM by Agita »

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #252 on: April 16, 2011, 07:29:59 AM »

Youmu has going melee as far as her first appearance:
-In PCB one of her spellcards involves her dropping to the the bottom  and slicing trough you.
-In IN her bombs consist on her charging with her sword all the way across the screen.
-In PoFV her basic special shot consists of her swinging her sword and cuting nearby bullets (quite an advantage since neither of the other characters can destroy bullets with their lv1 special shot).

Anyway still downloading TH13.

Meanwhile, crazy theory time about UFO that has been lingering over in my head:
-Byakuren has a "Milky Way" spellcard. Hmm, where did we saw that before?
-Byakuren however has been sealed for 1000 years, so Marisa couldn't possibly have stolen it from her.
-Byaukuren states that she was sealed by an human. Considering her great power, that couldn't be just any human.
-Mima was the one who taught Marisa most of what she knows, including all her star/constellation based spellcards.
-Since Marisa is so adept at copying spellcards from others, perhaps it was Mima who taught her how to do it?
-Mima was a normal human before becoming a ghost, and has been around for quite some time.

Conclusion: Mima was the one sealing Byakuren 1000 years ago! During the battle, she copied the Milky Way spellcard, and later passed it on to Marisa.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #253 on: April 16, 2011, 08:48:20 AM »
My work

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #254 on: April 16, 2011, 11:11:09 AM »
Well, finally got it installed. Altough I don't get a word of what's going on, I must say Zun managed to suprise me several times:

[spoiler]
-YOUMU STOLE THE PRECIOUS THING! Her unfocused attack is precisely the same as Marisa-A from Mountain of Faith!
-Dificulty is definetely down, managed to finish the demo on the first try whitout losing a single life.
-The soul collecting system is rather unforgiving tough as it forces you to jump into the tick of the danmaku to collect it.
-Completely diferent attacks depending if you're focused or not is a nice return to IN's playstyle.
-Yuyu as the first boss? Well she's clearly just fooling around as she doesn't get battle damage or even brings out her giant fan. Plus the fact she's going against her own fanatically loyal gardener. Probably something like "Oh, you go take care of this incident, I'll go eat some Mystia"
-Third boss is zombie loli youkai? Seal in front of head is suposed to be some form of oriental necromancy if I'm not mistaken.
-Border of life and death is now just that. Instead of saving your own skin if you bomb fast enough, you get some seconds of super power before falling.

[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #255 on: April 16, 2011, 11:25:49 AM »
[spoiler]-Yuyu as the first boss? Well she's clearly just fooling around as she doesn't get battle damage or even brings out her giant fan. Plus the fact she's going against her own fanatically loyal gardener. Probably something like "Oh, you go take care of this incident, I'll go eat some Mystia"[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Yuyuko brings out the fan on higher difficulty settings, and she's the first boss for everyone.[/spoiler]
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #256 on: April 16, 2011, 05:05:17 PM »
Kyoko Kasodani
[spoiler]2nd stage boss??Sutra-Reciting mountain spirit

Kyouko Kasodani

??Kasodani Kyouko

??Species? Yamabiko
??Ability? Power to reflect sound waves

??Perhaps you loudly shouted "Yahoo-!" when you climbed up the mountain. When a response "Yahoo-!" Comes back to you, then it must be a work of Yamabiko.

??She lives in mountain, and when she hears a joyous sound, she replies back with a loud voice. A good youkai with kind heart.

??But these days, superstition like "Yamabiko is just a reflection of sound waves coming back to you-" is a common belief. She realized emptiness of secularity, and decided to enter Buddist discipline.

??Her ability works well with reciting the Sutra. It is her everyday work in mountain.

??And by doing so, she was feared recently as "a reciting voice coming from a mountain where nobody is living", so she was able to retain her place as a youkai.[/spoiler]

Yoshika Miyako
[spoiler]3rd stage boss??Loyal Corpse

Yoshika Miyako

??Species? Jiang shi
??Ability? Power to eat anything and everything (humans bitten by her turn into a jiang shi temporarily)

??A mysterious corpse revived by somebody. She is just a puppet, but she is keeping something important.

She possesses strange power and has a body that does not feel pain. It is very challenging to confront her directly, but her brain is like a forgotten age of computers. It is very easy to kite her around.

While fighting, if she is damaged, she consumes spirits and regenerates health, so she's very hard to beat up. But it is very easy to get away from her (and this is important).

Her flesh body is very hard, and joints do not bend. She cannot even walk that well. Her master is recommending an exercise training for flexibility. Activity with no flexibility often ends up in injury. Though she is just a zombie.

What is it that she is keeping safe? And what of her master, who employed a meaningless bodyguard like her?[/spoiler]
Now I want to see her at an eating contest.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #257 on: April 16, 2011, 10:49:48 PM »
"Her flesh body is very hard, and joints do not bend. She cannot even walk that well. Her master is recommending an exercise training for flexibility. Activity with no flexibility often ends up in injury. Though she is just a zombie."

Will she eventually become as good as this?

As for an eating contest...

[spoiler][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 11:06:57 PM by Nick »
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #258 on: April 17, 2011, 08:54:11 PM »
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #259 on: April 19, 2011, 08:12:02 AM »
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 08:35:28 AM by Prime32 »
My work