Author Topic: TOUHOU!!!  (Read 128404 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: TOUHOU!!!
« Reply #201 on: February 27, 2011, 10:13:26 AM »
What is this...
There's one already but... this one includes the effects of fan popularity and memes? :o

EDIT: Also, Marisa's theme in Touhou Sky Arena (the PV used a snippet from the middle)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 10:44:21 AM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #203 on: February 27, 2011, 11:43:27 AM »
Three rabbit races?

Reimu whitout any flaw endearment? And having the hard working bonus??

Touhou characters whitout hats are possible at the cost of a single life???

What kind of memes has that guy been using?
Can you point those out to me? I see two rabbit races, Reimu with the racial ability of "Work Ethic (Ahahaha.)", and nothing about hats.
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #204 on: February 27, 2011, 12:05:25 PM »
Three rabbit races?

Reimu whitout any flaw endearment? And having the hard working bonus??

Touhou characters whitout hats are possible at the cost of a single life???

What kind of memes has that guy been using?
Can you point those out to me? I see two rabbit races, Reimu with the racial ability of "Work Ethic (Ahahaha.)", and nothing about hats.
Meh, nevermind, seems like there's indeed two diferent rabbit races and the lunarians are a race on their own after all.

Hats are on the intro parts, when calculating your starting lifes, somewhere near the first Might description.

And Reimu should be an alchoolic. For starters.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #205 on: February 27, 2011, 02:34:36 PM »
What is this...
There's one already but... this one includes the effects of fan popularity and memes? :o

EDIT: Also, Marisa's theme in Touhou Sky Arena (the PV used a snippet from the middle)
At first I thought it was the rumored reworked version, but it seems this is a different one.

And Reimu should be an alchoolic. For starters.
Maybe it's just assumed as a matter of course? Everyone in Touhou is an alcoholic until proven otherwise, I'm pretty sure. :p
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #206 on: February 27, 2011, 08:24:30 PM »
guesswat
[spoiler]Playable characters: I see Youmu, Marisa (obviously), Sanae, Reimu (obviously), and... can't tell who that is on the fourth cap. Looks like either another Marisa or Sakuya to me.

The main character is always two people and Marisa, Reimu, Sanae enable the Holy Spirit is to be utilized, and four people trying to dispose of the Holy Spirit Youmu out of control.
Goddammit, Google Translate... I'll grab a kanji dictionary tomorrow and see if I can make sense of it.
EDIT: Looks to me like it's supposed to say something like "The main characters are four consisting of the usual pair of Reimu and Marisa, Sanae who employs divine spirits, and Youmu who disposes of [can't tell] divine spirits(s)." Something like that. So no Sakuya, probably. :([/spoiler]
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 08:47:41 PM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #207 on: February 27, 2011, 08:45:09 PM »
Heaven it was about time!

If Youmu is a playable character, and Sakuya isn't, the fandom will rage.

Sanae seems to be geting the hang of being a shrine maiden as she's coming back as a playable character.

Also it's just me or Reimu's skirt actually geting shorter? Two possible explanations:

-Her clothes get damaged in each game, and due to lack of money she has no solution but to reduce their size to fix them.
-She's literally growing out of her clothes.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #208 on: February 27, 2011, 09:43:50 PM »
Translation of the important bits.
The gist of it is that the next Reitaisai will have a demo for game 13. The story involves ghosts, ghosts everywhere. I imagine it's like SA but worse. Turns out it's some sort of of holy/divine spirits. He's unclear on whether they're all that sort of ghost, or just led by one. Ghosts, anyway. Holy and whatnot.

Marisa and Reimu are, as per usual, weirded out and intend to beat things up until everything works again.

Sanae wants to find some way to use the situation/the holy spirit(s) to her advantage.

Youmu is just going to exorcise a bunch of ghosts even though it's way out of her jurisdiction.

Also, he said he'll be keeping the difficulty/complexity fairly mild this time around. Well, mild by his utterly demented standards, I assume.

The rest is random musing that has nothing to do with anything.

Short version: March 13th or around then, demo for Touhou 13, lots of ghosts, playable Reimu/Marisa/Sanae/Youmu, probably an easier and simpler game.

So yes, Youmu, but no Sakuya. Apparently lots of ghosts around. That's a perfect opportunity for ZUN to... troll the fans by not bringing Mima back.

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #209 on: February 27, 2011, 09:56:17 PM »
So yes, Youmu, but no Sakuya. Apparently lots of ghosts around. That's a perfect opportunity for ZUN to... troll the fans by not bringing Mima back.

Considering how in UFO they crashed into Makai in a giant ship and there was no Shinki anywhere, yes, the chances of Mima apearing in a major ghost acident are basically null.

Also it's hilarious that after Phantasmagoria Flower View, where the Death God herself told Youmu that she shouldn't be purging gods outside the Netherworld, and told Yuyu to educate her in such matters, she's doing it again. Of course, Yuyu being Yuyu, perhaps it was the only logical conclusion.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #210 on: February 28, 2011, 02:21:12 PM »
Well, that was fast. (Danbooru link, yadda yadda.)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #211 on: February 28, 2011, 04:24:19 PM »
Well, that was fast. (Danbooru link, yadda yadda.)
The only pic tagged "Ten Desires" so far. And speaking of tags, there's got to be a better term than "maid headdress". :p
My work

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #213 on: February 28, 2011, 08:50:30 PM »
Gotta look good for the new game...

[spoiler][/spoiler]
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #214 on: March 02, 2011, 02:31:25 PM »
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #215 on: March 03, 2011, 01:57:14 PM »
That Remilia looks best I think, Flan works, but looks too evil for my taste(might be the dimmer colors on her bling wingz).

Bananaphone(Danbooru NSFW as usual)
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #216 on: March 03, 2011, 09:48:57 PM »
Well after playing several of the routes of Phantasmagoria Flower View, I must say I now view Yuuka as one of the heaviest hitters in Touhouverse.

Specially because even Cirno, who leads every battle on her route with some variation of "EYE THE STRONGEST!", was scared enough to want to run away just by meeting Yuuka.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #217 on: March 03, 2011, 09:53:27 PM »
Well after playing several of the routes of Phantasmagoria Flower View, I must say I now view Yuuka as one of the heaviest hitters in Touhouverse.

Specially because even Cirno, who leads every battle on her route with some variation of "EYE THE STRONGEST!", was scared enough to want to run away just by meeting Yuuka.

Yeah, no shit! Yuuka is fucking scary!

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #218 on: March 04, 2011, 01:36:09 AM »

Cirno has the guts to gun down Utsuho, but you'd know that if she runs away from Yuuka, you better run too.
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #219 on: March 04, 2011, 05:35:04 AM »
Speaking of Cirno, theres suddenly a lot of frozen frogs all over the internet.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."