Author Topic: TOUHOU!!!  (Read 128405 times)

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: TOUHOU!!!
« Reply #180 on: February 18, 2011, 11:46:57 AM »
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 11:52:05 AM by veekie »
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #181 on: February 21, 2011, 02:30:30 PM »
Some Grimdark for oslecamo. I haven't looked at them yet, but Stripe Pattern at the very least is a promising name where darkness is concerned.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #182 on: February 21, 2011, 05:41:21 PM »
Some Grimdark for oslecamo. I haven't looked at them yet, but Stripe Pattern at the very least is a promising name where darkness is concerned.

I prefer to call it "non-censored" edition.

After all, the "good" ending of Imperishable Night with Reimu/Yukari confirms letter by letter that youkai kill humans, and humans exterminate youkai to survive, and that's the natural law of Gengyoko. :smirk

Remilia/Sakuya "good" ending has her planning to collect the blood of thousands of humans to fuel a rocket to the moon. :p

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #183 on: February 21, 2011, 05:59:46 PM »
Remilia/Sakuya "good" ending has her planning to collect the blood of thousands of humans to fuel a rocket to the moon. :p
"Collect" =/= "Drain to a husk" :p
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #184 on: February 21, 2011, 06:19:21 PM »

Whereas I call it the "Flanderized" edition.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #185 on: February 21, 2011, 08:04:44 PM »

Well, she does tend to attract those kinds of stories... Glad to see you're using the correct pronunciation by the way. :p
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #186 on: February 21, 2011, 09:56:08 PM »

Blame Zun, not us. He was the one who turned Reimu from an innocent young shrine maiden to some godlike armprit-flesh-exposing priestess that mercillesly exterminates youkais and then plunders their riches to pay for sweets.

You can't deny that the "How do I fly?" Reimu from the first game it's quite diferent from "Give me money or I'll exterminate you" Reimu from UFO.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #187 on: February 21, 2011, 10:47:11 PM »
UFO:
Marisa - Loot! or "What is that shiny"
Reimu - Loot! or "Homing Anti Youkai Warhead". Shes actually nicer to youkai as the latter.
Sanae - Following either Kanako or Suwako's lead.

As for Flan, it occured to me that her power is very simple. She can move something's hitbox to her hand and then attack it. She can see hitboxes!
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #188 on: February 21, 2011, 10:48:00 PM »
You can't deny that the "How do I fly?" Reimu from the first game it's quite diferent from "Give me money or I'll exterminate you" Reimu from UFO.
My first thought:

how do i shot web?
i got a webshotter and i not afraid to use it
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #189 on: February 22, 2011, 11:24:21 AM »

Blame Zun, not us. He was the one who turned Reimu from an innocent young shrine maiden to some godlike armprit-flesh-exposing priestess that mercillesly exterminates youkais and then plunders their riches to pay for sweets.
No, I "blame" the fans. I highly doubt ZUN intended any of the fan theories when he made the games - be it 'Grimsokyo', sweet WAFFy Yuri, dramas, or whatever - else he'd have put more effort into the plot. The way I see it, the man just likes to design characters, bullet patterns, and bullet hell games. What is done with the characters is the sole responsibility of the one who uses them.

You may notice that I put "blame" under quotation marks. I don't necessarily see Grimdark Touhou as a bad thing, and indeed I enjoy it as much as you do. I do not, however, acknowledge it as canon, be it "canon as written" or "canon as intended". It's a neat houserule when used well.

But we've had this argument how many times before? Honestly, I'm a bit tired of it.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #190 on: February 22, 2011, 02:13:34 PM »
Videos:
Oh Marisa...
Going native
English?
Keine
UFO

HAAAAAAT
Chen
...wait, did I do that wrong?

Youmu game? (another vid)
Another game
Oh noez

I don't think a clear version of this was posted.
My work

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #191 on: February 22, 2011, 09:34:40 PM »
No, I "blame" the fans. I highly doubt ZUN intended any of the fan theories when he made the games - be it 'Grimsokyo', sweet WAFFy Yuri, dramas, or whatever - else he'd have put more effort into the plot. The way I see it, the man just likes to design characters, bullet patterns, and bullet hell games. What is done with the characters is the sole responsibility of the one who uses them.

You may notice that I put "blame" under quotation marks. I don't necessarily see Grimdark Touhou as a bad thing, and indeed I enjoy it as much as you do. I do not, however, acknowledge it as canon, be it "canon as written" or "canon as intended". It's a neat houserule when used well.

But we've had this argument how many times before? Honestly, I'm a bit tired of it.

Well, ZUN didn't intend to make video games in the first place (at least according to TV Tropes).

Edit: Prime, thank you for the first one!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 09:53:45 PM by Sinfire Titan »

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #192 on: February 22, 2011, 09:48:27 PM »
This Reincarnation remix sounds oddly familiar, but I can't quite place it. Phantom Minds maybe?

Here's an interesting Sakuya vid from the same user. ("Scarlet Knives")

EDIT: Interesting albums
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 11:15:32 AM by Prime32 »
My work

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 11:51:27 PM by Sinfire Titan »

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #194 on: February 23, 2011, 07:23:09 AM »
I don't think a clear version of this was posted.

I...came...
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #195 on: February 23, 2011, 10:50:30 AM »
No, I "blame" the fans. I highly doubt ZUN intended any of the fan theories when he made the games - be it 'Grimsokyo', sweet WAFFy Yuri, dramas, or whatever - else he'd have put more effort into the plot. The way I see it, the man just likes to design characters, bullet patterns, and bullet hell games.
You know, it really doesn't matter what you see or how much effort Zun put into the plot. Touhou is a gaming series with a written story, and just because you don't like said plot it doesn't mean it will magically change.

Then simply don't bring up your insinuations that the fan shippings are the official version and the Game Narrator itself isn't cannon.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #196 on: February 23, 2011, 11:19:50 AM »
No, I "blame" the fans. I highly doubt ZUN intended any of the fan theories when he made the games - be it 'Grimsokyo', sweet WAFFy Yuri, dramas, or whatever - else he'd have put more effort into the plot. The way I see it, the man just likes to design characters, bullet patterns, and bullet hell games.
You know, it really doesn't matter what you see or how much effort Zun put into the plot. Touhou is a gaming series with a written story, and just because you don't like said plot it doesn't mean it will magically change.

Then simply don't bring up your insinuations that the fan shippings are the official version and the Game Narrator itself isn't cannon.
Did I? I recommended some doujins based on what I know you like. "Grimdark" is merely a description of the genre - you're the one who explicitly claims it to be canon. I do not claim any fan shippings to be canon, nor have I ever done so. If you don't like me referring to the genre as Grimdark, then suggest something else I should call it. I won't call it the "non-censored" version of canon because it's not.

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #197 on: February 25, 2011, 01:04:12 AM »
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #198 on: February 25, 2011, 07:39:58 AM »
Wow...(Game)
Why couldn't they have merged this with their previous game? :p
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #199 on: February 27, 2011, 12:22:11 AM »
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]