Author Topic: TOUHOU!!!  (Read 128407 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: TOUHOU!!!
« Reply #160 on: February 10, 2011, 07:51:20 PM »
In the Three Fairies manga we get to see some of the stuff Yukari does related to maintaining the boundary. Reimu has no idea about any of it, and to an outsider it just looks she was trolling the fairies, but if she didn't do it the border could collapse and/or someone nasty could gain a massive amount of power.

As a side note, Sunny Milk being immune to one of Yukari's attacks is hilarious. (though not very helpful, given she has about fifty bajillion others)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 07:53:40 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #161 on: February 10, 2011, 08:09:24 PM »
Unrelatedly, looks like there is actually some evidence of Reimu/Ran interaction, or whatever you want to call it, in PMiSS.
"Her tails look so warm ... " (Reimu Hakurei)

...Now I want to see a ReimuxRan doujin for some reason.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #162 on: February 10, 2011, 08:14:54 PM »
Unrelatedly, looks like there is actually some evidence of Reimu/Ran interaction, or whatever you want to call it, in PMiSS.

Or Reimu removing Ran's tails and taking them home...
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #163 on: February 10, 2011, 08:17:18 PM »

Or Reimu removing Ran's tails and taking them home...
And selling eight of them as pillows? Would be funny for a one-of joke (and something I'd totally trust, say, Tako to pull off), but I'd rather have some WAFFy yuri.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #164 on: February 10, 2011, 10:21:42 PM »
In the Three Fairies manga we get to see some of the stuff Yukari does related to maintaining the boundary. Reimu has no idea about any of it, and to an outsider it just looks she was trolling the fairies, but if she didn't do it the border could collapse and/or someone nasty could gain a massive amount of power.

As a side note, Sunny Milk being immune to one of Yukari's attacks is hilarious. (though not very helpful, given she has about fifty bajillion others)
That was pretty epicly hilarious.
Anyone up for setting the Three Fairies up with Aspects?
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #165 on: February 12, 2011, 09:40:29 AM »
Myon!
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #166 on: February 13, 2011, 12:44:11 AM »
You know, I was thinking about Cirno's Icicle Fall (Easy) lately, mostly because of how much of a joke it is. Then, for some reason, Vortex of Teeth (Spell Compendium) came to mind. I have no idea why, maybe because of the safety zone.

But I realized something: That little hole isn't very safe if tan ally of the caster is hogging it with a Spiked Chain or someone in there to push you into the Vortex (like a Dungeoncrasher). So, I got to thinking of giving Cirno an ally (ala Subterranean Animism). Someone like, oh, Flan.

Just a strange little idea I had.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #167 on: February 13, 2011, 01:25:10 AM »
Forget about Love Plus.

Have some Myon Plus
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #168 on: February 13, 2011, 05:43:49 AM »
You know, I was thinking about Cirno's Icicle Fall (Easy) lately, mostly because of how much of a joke it is. Then, for some reason, Vortex of Teeth (Spell Compendium) came to mind. I have no idea why, maybe because of the safety zone.

But I realized something: That little hole isn't very safe if tan ally of the caster is hogging it with a Spiked Chain or someone in there to push you into the Vortex (like a Dungeoncrasher). So, I got to thinking of giving Cirno an ally (ala Subterranean Animism). Someone like, oh, Flan.

Well, first time I took Cirno on Normal, I flew into the gap by reflex and a few seconds later was filled with a cone of ice.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #169 on: February 13, 2011, 09:48:21 AM »

http://dizzy.pestermom.com/?p=thcomic109
http://dizzy.pestermom.com/?p=csa01marisa0081
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #170 on: February 14, 2011, 09:20:57 AM »
I wuv the Touhou thread!
[spoiler][/spoiler]

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #171 on: February 14, 2011, 09:59:41 AM »

Well, first time I took Cirno on Normal, I flew into the gap by reflex and a few seconds later was filled with a cone of ice.

Such is the fate of those who want to take it easy. Everybody knows that EOSD o easy dificulty is just a little warm up, as you can't even reach the vampire loli on it.

Also perfect touhou crossover.

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #172 on: February 14, 2011, 09:35:50 PM »

Such is the fate of those who want to take it easy. Everybody knows that EOSD o easy dificulty is just a little warm up, as you can't even reach the vampire loli on it.

Also perfect touhou crossover.

More like perfect new inhabitants.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #173 on: February 15, 2011, 04:10:40 PM »

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #174 on: February 15, 2011, 04:13:29 PM »

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #175 on: February 15, 2011, 04:24:27 PM »
Wait, why did she...?
Because everyone expects her to use the gap.

Still, that's very odd.

There's a better example later on in that doujin.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #176 on: February 16, 2011, 10:11:08 AM »
For those of us who follow MtG: http://www.houseofsixten.com/hcstaff/?p=2526

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #177 on: February 16, 2011, 12:28:48 PM »
For those of us who follow MtG: http://www.houseofsixten.com/hcstaff/?p=2526

I for one, welcome our new Voice of Hunger overlord.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #178 on: February 17, 2011, 03:05:16 PM »

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #179 on: February 17, 2011, 04:56:40 PM »
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 05:01:57 PM by Prime32 »
My work