Author Topic: TOUHOU!!!  (Read 128400 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: TOUHOU!!!
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2010, 11:48:57 AM »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2010, 01:17:35 AM »
Your link made me find this. I must thank you.  :smirk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ukHzq6zIQ8&feature=related

Most of that guy's rants are moot if he could just calm the hell down and play carefully. Most of the time he just rams into the spear faeries. As for Sakuya? Gee. I guess he never really played Touhou games.
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2010, 01:47:08 PM »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2010, 01:30:15 AM »
Have some awesome.

This

And this
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 08:55:53 AM by Nick »
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2010, 10:15:40 AM »
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 11:42:32 AM by Prime32 »
My work

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2010, 04:06:05 AM »
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2010, 08:59:39 AM »
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 09:08:29 AM by Prime32 »
My work

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2010, 09:55:01 PM »
Has this been posted about yet?
The image itself is less than a day old, but the backstory is probably old news by now.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2010, 10:40:00 PM »
No way BRS can win this.

And Okuu has a meaner cannon.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2010, 01:54:52 PM »
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 02:06:29 PM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2010, 02:20:59 PM »
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 02:40:37 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2010, 08:55:42 PM »
I was discussing something with Agita.

Assuming
Meg: Yukari
Josh: Ran
Zeke: Chen

Where does everyone else fall? We came up with...

Agita: Kaguya (spends all day online)
altpersona: Sanae (all your worship are belong to us)
bhu: Patchouli (walking encyclopedia who measures peoples' "cattiness")
Endarire: Ichirin (hint: look at her portrait)
Kuroimaken: Unzan (brofist)
oslecamo: Shinki (lives in a realm of darkness, creating monsters)
Me: Suika (because Irish stereotypes are fun! :rollseyes)
Sinfire Titan: Youmu (it's his avatar)
The Mad Linguist: Yuyuko or Mima (guess)

EDIT: Also from this conversation, how can I be the first person to think that ZUN seems like an Irish stereotype? First GIS result for "Irishman":

The drink (his life dream is "to open a brewpub"). The hat (every Irish farmer is contractually obligated to own one). The character named "Lunasa". The calling-himself-a-priest-and-we-know-how-that-joke-goes.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 09:27:44 PM by Prime32 »
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."