Author Topic: TOUHOU!!!  (Read 128387 times)

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
Re: TOUHOU!!!
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2010, 07:40:48 PM »
Eh, seems pretty on par with your other fantasies.
Isn't Touhou a fantasy game? :p

That much dakka isn't fantasy, its a Nightmare.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2010, 08:13:10 PM »
That much dakka isn't fantasy, its a Nightmare.
It is the 21st Millennium. For more than a hundred decades the Armprit Miko have sat immobile on the Paradise land of Gengyoko. She's is the protector of mankind by the will of her ancestors and master of a million humans by the might of her inexhaustible spellcards.

She's a young girl loofing around with power from the Dark Age of Magic. She is the Youkai Exterminator of the vast Paradise land of Gengyoko for whom not a single coin is donated every day so that she may never truly be satisfied. Yet even in her poverty state, the Armprit Miko continues her eternal vigilance. Mighty fairy fleets cross the youkai-infested miasma of Gengyoko, the only route between distant human villages, their way lit by the Moon, the magic manifestation of the Space Rabbit's will. Vast armies give battle in her name on uncounted locations.

Greatest amongst her soldiers is the ordinary magician, Marisa Kisama, magic-engineered super-thief. Their comrades in arms are legion: the clockwork maid and half-ghost gardener, the ever-vigilant Half-Beast and the Doll-priests of the Magic Forest to name only a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat to humanity from youkai, vampires, hungry ghosts -- and far, far worse.

To be a girl in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to dodge in the cruelest and most shiny shootings imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be relearned.

Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the brightlight future there is only spellcard battles. There is no peace in paradise, only an eternity of partyng and danmaku, and the laughter of thirsting drunk Armprit Mikos."

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 08:53:32 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2010, 03:05:33 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWiV6kks2eQ
Wonder if it's safe to eat Flan's sweets.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2010, 03:26:09 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWiV6kks2eQ
Wonder if it's safe to eat Flan's sweets.
No. But would you want to say no to her?
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2010, 05:03:12 PM »
It occured to me that, to my knowledge, Yuuka's Touhoumon appearance does not have Flower Gift. Huh.
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2010, 05:23:03 PM »
It occured to me that, to my knowledge, Yuuka's Touhoumon appearance does not have Flower Gift. Huh.
Which one? If 1.5 or Aqua/Yui's version, then it's not that surprising - given that it's a Firered hack (Gen III), and Flower Gift is a Gen VI ability. Touhoumon 1.8 borrows some moves from Gen IV, but I haven't seen any Gen IV abilities either.
However, her PC-98 version in 1.8 (you know, the one that gets woken up by the heroines) has Truant.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 05:33:06 PM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2010, 06:04:05 PM »
Wasn't China suposed to be the lazy gardener of the series? :p

Anyway, playing PCB again, I believe I may have found the origin of "Sakuya's Remilia's pet dog!" meme. She gets called dog meat by the Prismriver sisters and after Yuyu herself calls Sakuya the dog of the devil. The maid also specially dislikes the kitty youkai Chen from all the game bosses.

Also from a gameplay point of view, PCB Sakuya B is still my favorite because of her originality. Not only her attacks go to where you point instead of always firing on the same direction, her focused bomb is a cube wich, after several atempts, I discovered can be carried and thrown trough the screen by moving Sakuya herself, wich not only destroys the bullets on it's path, but also causes the next wave of bullets to pass trough that area to be nullified. Still can't understand if it deals damage to bosses tough.

Almost managed to finish the game whitout continues with her, yet I can't seem to dodge the invincible final ressurection untill the end...

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2010, 06:39:05 PM »
If my memory doesn't faily me, she isn't necessarily described as lazy anywhere. But she's a Chinese girl, and that's enough for fanon.

Anyway, playing PCB again, I believe I may have found the origin of "Sakuya's Remilia's pet dog!" meme. She gets called dog meat by the Prismriver sisters and after Yuyu herself calls Sakuya the dog of the devil. The maid also specially dislikes the kitty youkai Chen from all the game bosses.
What, you didn't know that already? :P
There's also the fact that, as I just found out, a 'komainu' apparently refers to those guardian dog statuettes you sometimes see. The Scarlet Devil is called Kouma in Japanese (see: Koumakyou (EoSD), Koumakan (SDM)), and inu means dog.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 06:45:50 PM by Agita »

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2010, 08:27:32 PM »
If my memory doesn't faily me, she isn't necessarily described as lazy anywhere. But she's a Chinese girl, and that's enough for fanon.
On the other hand, stereotyping also leads to "badass martial artist somehow related to dragons".
My work

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2010, 12:59:43 PM »
My work

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2010, 10:25:04 AM »
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2010, 10:52:56 AM »
Someone likes Sakuya alot
That reminds me.

"Ist Cirno dumm?"
Consider what the two answers to the question are.
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2010, 01:52:56 PM »
Someone likes Sakuya alot
That reminds me.

"Ist Cirno dumm?"
Consider what the two answers to the question are.
Meh. "Nein" doesn't sound that similar to "Neun". :p

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2010, 09:49:18 PM »
Found something for you guys:

Save it quickly.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2010, 10:23:30 AM »
Curse you, forum down-ness! You made me post this at GitP! :shakefist
My work

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2010, 10:48:05 AM »
I must point out that for Reimu (SAKE!) Harukei, every plot must lead to a party at the Hakurei Shrine.

Essence of Scarlet Devil? Couldn't see anything with all the fog to properly party.
Perfect Cherry Blossom? Her garden wouldn't bloom for a proper flower viewing during the party.
Imperishable Night? Creepy moon on the sky killing the mood. Stop messing with the weather damnit!
Mountain of faith? Rival appears trying to steal her popularity.
UFO? Loaded treasure ship = PARTY HARD!

Of course, the fact that she plunders everything sellable she can get her hands on during her adventures explains how she can afford to loof around like that considering the villagers won't donate a single cent. :p

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
My work