Author Topic: TOUHOU!!!  (Read 128459 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
TOUHOU!!!
« on: November 20, 2010, 04:02:28 PM »
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 04:07:08 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
Re: TOUHOU!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 04:07:39 PM »
Great.
I've recently been creating pages in the Touhoudex section of the wiki in order to make myself useful. Today, I got a message while I was about halfway through what I had resolved to do for the day, informing me of the new page. Where of course, today's changes aren't carried over.  :mad
It's great that there's a new page, but shouldn't they have put, I don't know, an announcement on the main page instead of relying on word of mouth?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 04:12:02 PM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 04:09:47 PM »
Great.
I've recently been creating pages in the Touhoudex section of the wiki in order to make myself useful. Today, I got a message while I was about halfway through what I had resolved to do for the day, informing me of the new page. Where of course, today's changes aren't carried over.  :mad
It's great that there's a new page, but shouldn't they have put, I don't know, an announcement on the main page instead of relying on word of mouth?
Sorry? They've had messages at the top of every page for a while informing people of the move to touhouwiki.net

On another note, how would you match up the cast of Touhou to Shaman King?

You could go with Maribel=Yoh and Yukari=Hao, but Maribel is a non-combatant with no established powers. (EDIT: Okay, no useful powers)

For Lyserg my first thought was Alice (fairy-like companion, uses wires, relationship with a "delinquent") but Nazrin has "dowsing" and joins Byakuren's crew (with Byakuren being the most obvious character to use for Iron Maiden Jeanne). Plus Faust fits better with her fighting style and "independent doll" dream.

Horohoro's counterpart is obvious.

Patchouli's Five Elements could work for Silva, though that implies that the Scarlet Devil Mansion is running the Shaman Fight. They would probably work better as that team of three Halloween-themed girls working for Hao, or that guy descended from Vlad Tepes who pretends to be a vampire. Or heck, as the Tao family, since Meiling is arguably the closest to Ren.

Youmu could work as Yoh/Amidamaru. ("Myon, into the sword!")

Spirit Ball Mode = Yukkuri Mode
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 06:06:00 PM by Prime32 »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 04:18:19 PM »
Great.
I've recently been creating pages in the Touhoudex section of the wiki in order to make myself useful. Today, I got a message while I was about halfway through what I had resolved to do for the day, informing me of the new page. Where of course, today's changes aren't carried over.  :mad
Sorry? They've had messages at the top of every page for a while informing people of the move to touhouwiki.net
Can't say I have seen a single one, and not for lack of visiting the wiki in the past days.
EDIT: Looking at the fact that there are still edits on the old wiki, It seems that I'm not the only one who didn't get the memo.

Other links:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSeKhQ-Xk1Q&hd=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkgK8eUdpAo&hd=1
http://www.youtube.com/user/aghart101
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 04:44:52 PM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 04:32:33 PM »
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 04:40:28 PM »
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 08:20:22 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 10:10:26 PM »
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 02:32:47 AM »
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 09:19:16 AM »

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2010, 09:56:02 AM »
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2010, 10:05:48 AM »
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2010, 10:08:00 AM »
We need a spell for this

Death by Sprouts.
There's a SoD spell in BoVD that kills the targets by growing thorns in their intestines. Appropiately, it's called Death by Thorns.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2010, 03:01:54 PM »
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2010, 03:14:58 PM »
Loads and Load and Loads of Characters
Danbooru doesn't allow direct hotlinking. They want you to see the ads.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2010, 05:12:34 AM »
^^
But less detailed. :D

Well, damn.
Replacement link
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2010, 09:18:30 AM »
oslecamo, I think you might like other works by Ennui Akadako. They use the Hungry Hungry Yuyuko meme so much it stops being funny, then keep using it until it wraps around and becomes extra funny.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2010, 04:43:07 PM »
Eh, seems pretty on par with your other fantasies.

Also, good news: This fangame remembers China's gardener role.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2010, 05:38:38 PM »
Also, I now have a disturbing desire of stating a Touhou army 40K style.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Also, good news: This fangame remembers China's gardener role.
IIRC, other "miracles" were "Shikieiki cares about Komachi, doesn't send people to hell for sneezing" and "Alice isn't tsundere for Marisa, she just has a Vegeta complex".
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 05:44:45 PM by Prime32 »
My work