Author Topic: I wonder....  (Read 1326 times)

drako_beoulve

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
I wonder....
« on: November 17, 2010, 07:12:07 PM »
Take a quick look at the cover of the Complete Psionics book, are you seeing the same as I?, I think it's a soulknife dual-wielding mindblades...so...I wonder how could this little guy can have two mindblades, it is that non-houserule possible?.

Garryl

• Hong Kong
Re: I wonder....
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 07:18:21 PM »
Shape Mind Blade lets the Soulknife split the blade into two short swords. It still sucks because the split mind blade's enhancement bonus drops by 1 when doing so. Nothing like dual-wielding a pair of nonmagical weapons until 8th level.
A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
General listing of my homebrew.
Links to things I've worked on
[spoiler]
Idiot Crusader, refreshing maneuvers for free every round.
The Opposed Checks Handbook - Under construction.
Adaptations Handbook - Under construction.
[/spoiler]

weenog

• Grape ape
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 07:18:57 PM »
Shape Mind Blade (Su)Alternatively, a soulknife can split his mind blade into two identical short swords, suitable for fighting with a weapon in each hand. (The normal penalties for fighting with two weapons apply.) However, both mind blades have an enhancement bonus 1 lower than the soulknife would otherwise create with a single mind blade.
"We managed to make an NPC puke an undead monster."
"That sounds like a victory to me."

drako_beoulve

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 07:36:28 PM »
Shape Mind Blade lets the Soulknife split the blade into two short swords. It still sucks because the split mind blade's enhancement bonus drops by 1 when doing so. Nothing like dual-wielding a pair of nonmagical weapons until 8th level.
the idea of getting less enhancement was bugging me and hope for some "additional mindblade" feat.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 09:32:30 PM »
There are much, much better ways to play "guy with magic weapon". Especially since the soulknife class consists entirely of "I have a magic weapon" and it isn't any better than the weapons his teammates bought in a shop (it's often worse!).

Take a look at Soulbound Weapon.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 09:35:37 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]