Author Topic: I need to brew something  (Read 5029 times)

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: I need to brew something
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2010, 11:42:28 PM »
Sorry, I assumed you planned on doing an Epic-magic style seed recombination, but that's something else.

With points spend and a limit it seems more like psionics, which is fine. Go for it.

What do you mean by the term "recombine?" I'm confused. Because I mean for casters to be able to combine the effects of spell seeds, but you appear to be talking about something... else?

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2010, 12:13:24 PM »
Yeah, I mean even with effects that don't appear to have any immediate synergy, all you do is spend SP and produce the effects as part of a single action.

So, for example, you could spend 2SP in a single action, 1 on Sheltered Vitality to heal/protect an ally, 1 on Hypnotism to simultaneously fascinate a cone of your enemies. Instead you could have spent 2SP on Sheltered Vitality for more healing or 2SP on Hypnotism for double the HD fascinated.

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2010, 08:20:59 PM »
I would like to see a base classed based around shapeshifting.  No or limited spellcasting.  The PHII shapeshift varient may be a decent starting point.

The Protean - http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176634
I just found this over at GitP. It seems actually awesome. I'd call it Tier 1, no spellcasting, all about shapeshifting. Nice job, Realms.

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
  • Dulce et decorum est pro alea mori.
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2010, 10:31:49 PM »
... how bout creating some... "encounters".

You know "MONSTERS"!  :smirk
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2010, 11:56:53 PM »
... how bout creating some... "encounters".

You know "MONSTERS"!  :smirk

Hey! I've done that before! Just... like... twice. Ever.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2010, 03:04:42 PM »
You know, you just gave me an idea for a monster...

Remember that fiend that can combine with itself? I'm thinking something like that+slithers.

You may cry now.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
  • Dulce et decorum est pro alea mori.
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2010, 09:44:56 PM »
You know, you just gave me an idea for a monster...

Remember that fiend that can combine with itself? I'm thinking something like that+slithers.

You may cry now.

You know what? Slither invasion is not a bad idea for a campaign, its the ultimate "Oh shit, a wizard did it". plus its just a random assortment of powers, might involve difficult logistics.

Creating encounters is an art too... and important as a dm resource. Yes it is difficult becaue you must use the stat block, but also because you need to come up with a tactics section.
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

cooperflood

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2010, 09:59:35 PM »
Thanks for the link bkdubs123

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2010, 12:04:36 AM »
Thanks for the link bkdubs123

No problem, man. I like that class quite a lot actually.