Author Topic: SoulPaladin: Recharging Healing  (Read 2284 times)

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
SoulPaladin: Recharging Healing
« on: November 15, 2010, 10:30:44 PM »
This is an interesting combo of psionics, incarnum, and LoHs. Yes, I know it's suboptimal, but it's fun. And it's 6th level only, so you can throw on whatever you want after that.

Venerable Celestial-Bloodline Aasimar (0 LA version) Paladin 6

Point-buy yourself an 18 for your charisma. Put your level-up ability boost into charisma, for a total of Cha 24, and a Cha mod of +7. This is important.

ACFs: Divine Spirit.
Items: Caudacous Bracers, if you can get your hands on them.

Feats:
Flaw: Wild Talent/Hidden Talent
1st: Psycarnum Infusion
3rd: Azure Touch
6th: Psionic Meditation

LoH pool: 56 points of healing without Azure Touch (This is how we want it.) Heals double with Spirit of Healing. Can be sacrificed at 5:1 efficiency to heal ability damage and the like.

Why is this anywhere approaching good?
1. Leave Azure Touch alone until you run out of LoH.
2. Expend your psionic focus to activate Psycarnum Infusion. Fill up Azure Touch. You now have 14 points to play with; you can do the same stuff with them as with your normal points. They go away at the end of your turn.
3. Use LoH as a standard action.
4. Refocus as a move action.

Woohoo out of combat healing!
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
Re: SoulPaladin: Recharging Healing
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 11:17:48 PM »
Am I missing something, or is this more complicated than it needs to be? If you start as a psionic race, you don't need anything more than psycarnum infusion and azure touch. Everything else just makes it a more efficient, but is unnecessary since it's going to be used out of combat anyways.

Also, Spirit of Healing does not double your lay on hands healing. It summons a spirit who can heal a number of hp equal to double what your normal LoH is.
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 11:26:36 PM »
Here's my understanding of how this plays out:
  • You spend 56 points of healing from your lay on hands pool.
  • Your daily limit is 56 points and you've spent 56 points, so you can't heal any more right now.
  • You use psycarnum infusion/azure touch to increase your daily limit to 70 points.
  • You spend 14 points of healing from your lay on hands pool.
  • Your daily limit is 70 points and you've spent 70 points, so you can't heal any more right now.
  • Psycarnum infusion/azure touch wears off.
  • Your daily limit is 56 points and you've spent 70 points, so you can't heal any more right now.
  • You use psycarnum infusion/azure touch to increase your daily limit to 70 points again.
  • Your daily limit is 70 points and you've spent 70 points, so you can't heal any more right now.

Quote from: The 3.5 Main D&D FAQ
When a cleric has a temporary bonus to his Charisma score, does it affect his turning check or turning damage? Does it change the number of times he can turn or rebuke per day?

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 12:26:43 AM »
It's not just suboptimal, it's downright lousy.  Instead of Wild Talent, Psycarnum Infusion, and Azure Touch you can get Nimbus of Light, Stigmata, and Draconic Aura [Vigor], and not only have a ridiculously efficient means of out-of-combat healing, but also an ability that can be used in-combat to decent effect if you're desperate.

fuinjutsu

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 03:30:34 AM »
Here's my understanding of how this plays out:
  • Your daily limit is 56 points and you've spent 56 points, so you can't heal any more right now.
  • You use psycarnum infusion/azure touch to increase your daily limit to 70 points.
  • You spend 14 points of healing from your lay on hands pool.
  • Psycarnum infusion/azure touch wears off.
  • Your daily limit is 56 points and you've spent 70 points, so you can't heal any more right now.
  • You use psycarnum infusion/azure touch to increase your daily limit to 70 points again.

Quote from: The 3.5 Main D&D FAQ
When a cleric has a temporary bonus to his Charisma score, does it affect his turning check or turning damage? Does it change the number of times he can turn or rebuke per day?
  • You use psycarnum infusion/azure touch to treat your your daily limit as if it were 70 points for one round.
  • You spend 14 points of healing from your simulated lay on hands pool.
  • Your simulated daily limit is 70 points and you've spent 70 points, so you can't heal any more right now.
  • Psycarnum infusion/azure touch wears off.  Your simulated pool disappears, having only ever been a temporary 1 round effect.  It;s as though it never happened.
Eh, the wizard have more money than them combined, he could in theory just use all his money on a fleet of trained attack mules, but then we aren't playing 3.5 but zergling rushing in Starcraft instead.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 03:54:16 AM »
It isn't a "simulated lay on hands pool".  It's your real lay on hands pool, that acts as if the limit is 70 rather than 56.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 03:58:50 AM »
My god, people, can we at least argue over using it on Azure Talent?  We're talking about lay on freaking hands here.  Who gives a crap?

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 04:01:23 AM »
My god, people, can we at least argue over using it on Azure Talent?  We're talking about lay on freaking hands here.  Who gives a crap?
Apparently Amechra.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 02:01:22 PM »
Apparently Amechra.

I actually don't, I was just testing whether or not something like this would work. So basically, you have answered my question without me asking it, thus making the CO board psychic. I thank you all.

This infusion of confusion was brought to you by Amechra Lmtd.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing