Author Topic: Finishing an Illithid Savant  (Read 5518 times)

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
Re: Finishing an Illithid Savant
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2010, 06:48:06 PM »
Ate a level 10 Legacy Champion, three times.
Doesn't work the way you hope.
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2010, 08:44:06 PM »
Technically, an Illithid Savant that eats Caster brains, will have a mini- Caster Stat problem.
Technically ...

Not that a Wizard / Archivist / Psion (or Erudite!) , is gonna have a "problem".

What happens when an I.S. eats an Artificer brain ??
Really. I have no idea ?!

Widow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2010, 09:43:55 PM »

Ha, I was actually going to suggest that a few posts back when I made comments on the gloura, but the "I am attempting to keep it reasonable" kept me from doing so.  Although I am not sure what PlzBreakMyCampaign thinks does not work?  Now you cannot over progress the savant past 10 levels (need the seperate epic savant class, then you are in business), but there is nothing stopping you from dipping a level in a few different classes and then progressing them by 8 levels per Legacy champion.  Such as:

Psionic Mindflayer 15/Thrallherd 1/Illthiad savant 3

Eat twice for 16 levels of class ability progression to pick up 7 levels of savant and 9 levels of Thrallherd.  The thrallherd can progress the telepath 9 the psionic mindflayer has to net you 17th level psions.  You new thralls will also help you pick up other abilities as needed later.  Add classes as needed with more class ability progression.

Psionic Mindflayer 15/Factotum 1/ Illithiad savant 3/ Factotum 1 with three eats gets you savant 10 and factotum 19.

If you have trouble finding a second Legacy Champion, remeber you can also resurrect the first after you munch on his brians.

What happens when an I.S. eats an Artificer brain ??
Really. I have no idea ?!

Might be better off eating a midguard dwarf from Frostburn if you want to craft.  Not sure the Infusions are worth it, although there are few of note.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 09:54:41 PM by Widow »

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2010, 04:29:53 PM »
Ha, I was actually going to suggest that a few posts back when I made comments on the gloura, but the "I am attempting to keep it reasonable" kept me from doing so.
I wanted the rest to be reasonable because I was already doing it.  :smirk
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

Impeesa

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2010, 10:47:44 AM »
So shuffling around some eaten class features to eat a 12th-level Dragon Ascendant to become a quasi-deity is probably too over the top, then?

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2010, 04:36:38 PM »
Umm ... I'll vote No ; as in no it's not over the top.

Specific Dragon build XYZ, would require a rather specific set of Divinations to find it.
It'd be perhaps the most difficult brain to be eaten.
All you'd get from it would be DvR Zero abilities.
That's not much at all. Cost / benefit ratio sucks.

Impeesa

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2010, 10:15:45 PM »
Heh, I guess. "Become a god" just sounds so much better than it actually is, doesn't it? It was on my mind because I've got an illithid savant villain who's got exactly that as his goal - he knows of the possibility, and he's trying to find a victim.