Author Topic: Artificer 5/XYZ 5  (Read 1105 times)

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
Artificer 5/XYZ 5
« on: November 14, 2010, 02:42:15 AM »
Making a new character! (yeah, I do this a lot...)

Rules
     Tome of Battle base classes banned.
     Fighter somehow gets maneuvers, who knows why/how.  I think I'm just going to avoid this houserule travesty.
     Level 10
     The build should be viable at level 10 as I expect only two or three levels, game will be relatively short
     The build is required to have no more than half it's hit dice in tier 1 or tier 2 classes. (Sorcerer 1/Wizard 1/Artificer 1/Cleric 1/Druid 1/XYZ 5 is Okay! Sorcerer 5/Wizard 1/XYZ 4 is a fail!)
     The rest of your hit dice have to come from tier 3 or worse classes. 
     If for some reason I don't want my maximum of Tier 1, I don't have to take it.
     The DM will pay attention if I make a Wizard 5/Full Casting PrC 5 and will not allow it.
     Character should be strong by any questionable shenanigans should be avoided, the DM doesn't take kindly to that sort of thing.  Only things a "sane" DM would be allow.  Whatever that means.

So when presented with this I started thinking about Artificer 5 (don't have to worry about lost caster levels) /XYZ 5.  Just in time to get essence from random bad loot.  I read over an Artificer guide a bit but I'm looking for additional assistance.  Thanks in advance.
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

Quote from: Negative Zero on November 04, 2009, 02:16:14 AM
In my humble opinion, CO is haberdashery. Some say we're mad, but we can all agree we're hatters. Yes, we have potential to make very sophisticated hats, very fancy hats, be they dark or light. But the truth is that the color of the hat does not come from the group of us - our community doesn't directly produce hats. We simply give average head circumferences, list current fashion trends, and point out some shiny, obscure baubles to add to the latest hat line.

OblivionSmurf83

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
Re: Artificer 5/XYZ 5
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 02:57:10 AM »
Mystic Ranger? Or would that be considered tier one?

Otherwise, have you considered just playing a Beguiler? Could be a lot of fun, and you could set yourself up for a Shadowcraft Mage for some actual damage dealing down the road.

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
Re: Artificer 5/XYZ 5
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 01:21:41 PM »
Factotum is always nice to add to an int based character (from: dungeonscape)
[spoiler]
I see that you want to solve problems. Not problems like, "What is beauty?," because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of 'philosophy'. You want to solve practical problems. F'r instance, how are you gonna stop some big, mean Mother Hubbard from tearing you a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer: Use a gun. And if that don't work? Use more gun.
And if that fails try this

[/spoiler]