Author Topic: A Wild Shape trick  (Read 2969 times)

OblivionSmurf83

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
A Wild Shape trick
« on: November 13, 2010, 09:45:36 AM »
As a Druid, take Aberration Wild Shape. Somehow get yourself to the point where you can Wild Shape into a 27HD monster, through whatever technique works best. Wild Shape into a Gibbering Orb (ELH). You now have the ability to swallow creatures of large size and smaller whole. If a creature dies in the Orb's stomach, the Orb:

Time to start looking for creatures to eat!

This trick is mainly useful as a means of skirting the whole 'Polymorph spellcasting' controversy, by giving a method that is undeniably legal.

Nytemare3701

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
Re: A Wild Shape trick
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 12:54:43 PM »
If I were turning into a 27hd creature, I would no longer care about eating someone for spells. On top of that, anyone with spells worth eating would be supplied by the DM.

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 02:22:56 PM »
You could make your own edible spellcasters if you could get Simulacrum on your list.
[spoiler]
I see that you want to solve problems. Not problems like, "What is beauty?," because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of 'philosophy'. You want to solve practical problems. F'r instance, how are you gonna stop some big, mean Mother Hubbard from tearing you a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer: Use a gun. And if that don't work? Use more gun.
And if that fails try this

[/spoiler]

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 04:19:55 PM »
You could make your own edible spellcasters if you could get Simulacrum on your list.

Bind Solars/Balors and then eat them.
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

Quote from: Negative Zero on November 04, 2009, 02:16:14 AM
In my humble opinion, CO is haberdashery. Some say we're mad, but we can all agree we're hatters. Yes, we have potential to make very sophisticated hats, very fancy hats, be they dark or light. But the truth is that the color of the hat does not come from the group of us - our community doesn't directly produce hats. We simply give average head circumferences, list current fashion trends, and point out some shiny, obscure baubles to add to the latest hat line.

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 07:43:45 PM »
KIRBY!
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 11:01:23 PM »
KIRBY!

Holy shit, it is Kirby.  And you don't even need to be a Dusk Giant to nab a mythal!
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 11:03:32 PM »
Could you not do that with Shapechange and Reserves of Strength?

Handy Links

OblivionSmurf83

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 11:20:52 PM »
KIRBY!

I didn't even think about Kirby! Good lord, I think this could be the beginning of a D&D version of Super Smash Brothers...

OblivionSmurf83

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 11:22:17 PM »

Aye, easily. I was going to come up with some rubbish about how, when you've optimised it this much, Wild Shape will quickly become more relevant than Shapechange because it's uncapped; however, to be honest, I just forgot about it.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2010, 11:23:30 PM »

Aye, easily. I was going to come up with some rubbish about how, when you've optimised it this much, Wild Shape will quickly become more relevant than Shapechange because it's uncapped; however, to be honest, I just forgot about it.
Nay worries, mate.

Handy Links

RelentlessImp

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 01:21:12 AM »
KIRBY!

I didn't even think about Kirby! Good lord, I think this could be the beginning of a D&D version of Super Smash Brothers...

Link: Gish.
Mario: Leap Attacking Gish.
Ike: Shock Trooper Power Attacking BEAST.
Diddy & Donkey Kong: Anthropomorphic Simian Master Throwers. Donkey Kong has Brutal Throw.
Ness: Psion of some sort. Given the PSI powers in the games, I'm guessing a Kineticist or Egoist.
R.O.B.: Warforged Warforged.
Solid Snake: Any rogue with HIPS and Darkstalker and a tricked out Hide and Move Silently, otherwise the box-hump wouldn't work.
Sonic: Chuck E. Cheese on an Anthropomorphic Hedgehog.

Only ones I can think of at the moment.
Solo on Essentials
I prepared irresistible phantasmal killer today... as a 4th level spell.
"He hit me with a flaming garbage can...and then the god damn hobo next to it!"