Author Topic: IC Game Thread - The Hunt Starts  (Read 56512 times)

Mixster

• Grape ape
Re: IC Game Thread - The Hunt Starts
« Reply #400 on: February 28, 2011, 03:39:31 PM »
Melkior is very confused as Raynor tries to revive the living druid, he will stop him from wasting the scroll though.
As soon as the druid is up from Revenance, Melkior asks him:
Will you please stop your bear? If it hits me it might get hurt from one of my auras. I will have to let you fall again so I can ressurrect you, please be patient.
As soon as the druid is back up, He asks:
Are you okay? Are you able to heal yourself?

He then looks to the Celestial and Alentarion:
Allright, I'm ready to move out, but it is pretty dangerous. Guess we can do it. Well, as to your questions, I did inquire a few before I headed out, so I can tell you that the creature summoned is not evil. We were summoned here by a scroll created under the command of Jaccob Rem, who had an Elven wizard/cleric named Lodahr Ranniug, create a scroll that could summon us here. This scroll was created about a year ago. In material plane time. If you have any other questions I will answer them to the best of my ability.

He then seems to remember something:
As I was flying, I saw a small boat make it across a lake to the south-southeast. We should check it out to see whether Jaccob Rem is among them. I assume all of us can fly? If not, Alkazar will fix you up. He looks to Alkazar, who nods again.

So should we get going? Will you join us Mr. Stoneshield? Melkior looks at the entire party for their response.
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #401 on: March 02, 2011, 01:34:54 AM »
Raynor says now shell i begin (( Raynor waits for his first response))

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #402 on: March 03, 2011, 03:07:52 AM »
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #403 on: March 03, 2011, 03:17:16 PM »
Positive energy envelops the dead dwarf as life slowly gets put into him. His lips change from the pale blue, to a flushed colour as blood begins to circulate through his body once more. Immediately, his eyes open up, his dwarven waraxe appearing from his glove of storing.

He coughs as he struggles to get up, his armour feeling heavier than it usually does. He shows no fear, but he looks around at everyone judgingly, his eyes focusing, trying to figure out what happened, and regain his barrings. He wasn't in the secret room anymore.

Realizing what was surrounding him, he lowered his guard ever so slightly.

"From the look of you lot, I'd say that Tarmin was successful in his sending out a distress. I feel a little weaker than I usually am. You didn't use a full resurrection on me, did you? I can tell. I've been raised before, but never felt like this before. Regardless, you still brought me back. You can add the 10,000 gold worth of diamonds to our tab. We, of the Hunter's Wealth, stay true to our word. Well, some of us do anyways."

His face changes from that of relief and calmness, to that of seething anger. "Now where is that vile druid?! I owe that traitorous bastard for stabbing me in the back with a poison even I couldn't fend off. Normally I'd be immune, but we weren't hunting anything poisonous today. I got careless. You were asking me when the last time I saw him was. That depends. How long was I dead for? Add five minutes to that. And yes, we probably should get going. If you found me, you likely found the weapons and gear that can help fend off against this island. Keep them. Those will be your initial retainer for saving us. I can get that stuff any time I want from the Mercanes. We'll be heading due North towards our main camping area. Tarmin likely won't risk coming here a second time. It nearly killed us the first time. As Tarmin should have explained, all of our defenses are down. Each of the creatures here were separated from each other, and placed in their own section. It made it easier that way for us. No danger. But then the lightning came, and those beasts appeared. Right after that that walls came down. All of our protection, gone. Now everything can roam free. I thought I knew everything that was on this island, but I now believe that, that bastard Jaccob had been secretly putting additional creatures on this island without anyone's knowledge, or had fudged the information on what exactly was brought here.

The dwarf's face was almost a bright red from the yelling and frustration he was feeling. Pausing for a moment to catch his breath and calm down again, he spoke in a calmer tone. His flushed face slowly returning to normal.

By the way, none of you happened to find any of our retainers, did you? Six aristocrats paid to come here for the ultimate hunt. Their money rivals that of the Hunter's Wealth, and we weren't about to say 'no' to the likes of them. They are a cowardly lot, but with the gear they have, they should be alright. I just don't trust their markmanship, or their ability to not run away, screaming like little human girls."
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #404 on: March 04, 2011, 09:42:43 PM »
[spoiler]For anyone still outside.

Cast Rejuvenation Cocoon, share with Tolero, both full healed.
Cast Detect Scrying.
Cast Commune with Nature(x2). [plants, minerals, people, presence of powerful unnatural creatures, general state of the natural setting, ground (particularly underground)][/spoiler]

A green opaque shell rises from the ground around the bear and figure. It persists for a moment before recending back into the ground, to reveal the pair sitting, with no visable wounds. The figure appears to be in a trance of sorts.
[spoiler]
Characters
Torgthen-The Darkening
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #405 on: March 05, 2011, 12:55:34 AM »
Ranyor noods saying "Befoer we go I will be checking the up stairs rooms to see if there is any clues who knows mabey we will find and office were I we may get and idea of some of the other nasty serprises that are in store for us."

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #406 on: March 05, 2011, 12:56:56 AM »
Ranyor noods saying "Befoer we go I will be checking the up stairs rooms to see if there is any clues who knows mabey we will find and office were I we may get and idea of some of the other nasty serprises that are in store for us."
[spoiler]It's been a while, but that got done already by the druid. There was nothing else.

Don't forget you've got blue text.[/spoiler]

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #407 on: March 05, 2011, 01:10:31 AM »
[spoiler]Ah, but I told no one.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
Characters
Torgthen-The Darkening
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #408 on: March 05, 2011, 01:12:08 AM »
[spoiler]Ah, but I told no one.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Fair enough. You could tell him now if you wanted to. Save him a trip.[/spoiler]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #409 on: March 06, 2011, 08:30:04 PM »
The dwarf stops Raynor from going upstairs.

"Upstairs, friend? No, no. Everything you'd need to know about everything on this island is right here in this room. There should be a map on the table, and the list of everything that could possibly on this island."

Tapping his right temple, he continues. "And let's not forget my brain. I had to help with mapping out who we were to hunt with the group, but I wasn't the one looking over the new list of creatures that Jaccob brought to the island last week. Now that I think back on it, he had it the whole time. I know which way we have to go though, but it would be nice to have the list with us so I know what might attack from where. We're not climbing the mountains so we should be safe from the giants. Well, unless they decided to climb down of course. There is that red dragon, but that's nothing for me. Fought that thing pretty much on my own just six months ago. Around the base of the cliff there's a thri-kreen, but you lot should have no troubles with that. "

[spoiler]In case anyone forgot, there was a fair amount of paper that had been found in the fireplace.[/spoiler]

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #410 on: March 06, 2011, 08:57:49 PM »
[spoiler]Hidden behind a trophy actually.

Anything from my communes?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
Characters
Torgthen-The Darkening
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #411 on: March 06, 2011, 09:19:40 PM »
[spoiler]Hidden behind a trophy actually.

Anything from my communes?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Did you have specific questions? I just saw answers like we were playing Jeopardy. Remember, they're not the most intelligent, and they're far enough away that they don't commune with the other plants that are far, far, FAR away from you.

People? Define people. Like you? No, just you. Again. It talked to you lot earlier.
Yes, they are plants.
Minerals? You mean what they get nutrients from? There's some of that. So yes the ground has nutrients. Mostly the ball of light up above feeds them.
What's an unnatural creature?
Everything seems fine to them. They just want their gardener back.[/spoiler]

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #412 on: March 08, 2011, 12:29:49 PM »
[spoiler]
You get a sense that anything not in the area you're all currently in, isn't real. When you try talking to it, it doesn't actually register you. You can manage a few whispers here and there, but you have to really concentrate to hear them.
Quite an interesting reply, I will keep the two communes. I shall try and word three questions as the first commune should be 'wasted' on learning about the above fact.
What do you know of what is below your home?
What do you know of your distant neighbors?
Eh two will do I guess, can't come up with another for such a small area to know.

Oh, AC has the bag of holding until I can reset my turns.

1d20+27=29, 1d20+28=37 Undamaging melee attack with a claw, unless you really want me to roll damage, followed by a grapple check.[/spoiler]

First confusion and then, for the second time in well over a hundred years, anger flashed across the figure's face. "Someone has perverted nature itself..." The figure stood, anger still on its face, it moved at a determined stride, though not as steady as before. It followed the sounds of conversation until it reached the trophy room again.

The figure enters the room, bear right behind him. He lets out a hiss while pointing at the dwarf and the bear rushes him.
[spoiler]
Characters
Torgthen-The Darkening
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #413 on: March 08, 2011, 02:07:33 PM »
Stop your bear or I will. Tell me what is going on before you start killing people, Druid, or you will have made yourself a mighty enemy today. Melkior says calmly as soon as the bear starts moving. He then looks to Alkazar, who nods and readies himself to use a Celerity in case the bear actually attacks.
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #414 on: March 08, 2011, 02:49:56 PM »
[spoiler]So before grapple...hmm[/spoiler]
Anger burned the druid's eyes as he glared back at Melkior, though he answered calmly, "That I plan to find out, the amount of blood is up to him..."
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 09:44:30 PM by Sohala »
[spoiler]
Characters
Torgthen-The Darkening
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #415 on: March 08, 2011, 09:32:40 PM »
@ Sohala
[spoiler]1) Below our home? Vast forest with many monsters. We're glad we're not down there. We'd get trampled.
2) We never hear their cries of pain when they get broken. Well, mostly.
3) ??? (to be filled in when asked later)

BTW, since you figured out that nature itself was perverted, all by yourself, you alone get to make a Nature lore check on the consequences of what happens afterwards.[/spoiler]

The dwarf stood ground, glaring back at the angry druid. "Sir! Are you accusing me of something? If so, spit it out right now. If not, then shut yer yap, and stand aside. I don't have time for a game of 20 Questions. My companions are going to have to face off against those creatures again once the sun goes down."

Drexs calmly folded his arms, and looked at the druid. "Roryn, shut up. I want to hear what the druid has to say. Go on then. You've learned something, haven't you? However, I'll warn you not to personally attack the dwarf. If he's guilty of any crimes then I will take him to Ehlonna, with the druid, Jaccob Rem, to be judged by her. That is the mission given to me by the goddess herself. Now that, that's been established, you may continue."
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 09:34:18 PM by kevin_video »

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #416 on: March 08, 2011, 11:21:09 PM »
[spoiler]Boyah 1d20+25=44[/spoiler]

"The very life of this land is twisted, a mockery of what it should be. The connections between life forms are broken and their voices are obscured from even my ears. Such a thing does not happen on its own, nor swiftly. You and your companions are behind this and I will not stand for it!" Clear rage was evident on the druid's face and in every word, quite different from mere minutes before. "What is your true goal of bringing us here?!"
[spoiler]
Characters
Torgthen-The Darkening
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #417 on: March 09, 2011, 01:13:51 AM »
@ Sohala only
[spoiler]Wow. A 44 isn't half bad at all. If you'd gotten a 45, you'd have found out just that little bit more. But, if you thought the last post was something of a read, get a load of this one.

From the information you've gathered, you can only guess that the beasts are the hounds of the hunt. Owned by the Master of the Hunt.

"Despite its evil connotations, the Wild Hunt is a manifestation of good life force. It appears in lands whenever there is a great force of evil in the area, or a perversion of nature. The source of the evil could be many different things, from an evil wizard or priest moving through the area to an invading evil army destroying a forest for their own greedy gain.

The Hunt always begins ten miles from the source of evil that 'summons' it. The Hunt will always pass close by the source of evil that has created it (never going into a building, but going within inches of the building and passing by). After passing by, it will travel on in a random direction for ten more miles. If the Hunt finds a being to hunt before finding the source of evil, it will attack that being to kill it, and then disappear as it reaches its summoning source.

The Master of the Hunt is said to be that of a lesser god, but no one knows if he fights, or just his aspect. The dark huntsman leads roughly two-dozen monstrous hounds known as 'death dogs' - or 'hounds of hell' - in search for prey. It is also said that his herald, Herne the Hunter, and his golem ally, sometimes ride alongside him.

The master is a large, elf like creature that manifests only at night. A cruel fey that seeks to prove his skill against the mightiest foes. The hounds that accompany him are hounds of the hunt, magical beasts totally loyal to their master. The master is an archer of incredible skill, and the hounds are frightful hunters with supernatural howls.

The moon is the eye of the Wild Hunt, and anyone under its light is more susceptible to the attacks of a master and his hounds. A master of the hunt can summon a steed instantly, and he can mark a foe as his quarry, making it easier to fi nd and slay that creature.

A master of the hunt cannot be bargained with. Only those who elude him for a night or slay him can expect to survive. He is most vulnerable to epic weapons crafted from cold iron, while the hounds are vulnerable to cold iron weapons imbued with magic.

As long as the full moon remains (three days), the hunt will continue until either all the prey has been hunted, or the prey manages to elude their wrath."
[/spoiler]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #418 on: March 09, 2011, 01:40:00 AM »
The dwarf blinked a couple of times, and looked at the druid once more. He hadn't been expecting such a question. It confused him. Hesitantly he answered the question, unsure of what to say.

"I'm sorry, what? I have no true goal of bringing you here. It wasn't even my intention. It was Tarmin who said we couldn't take on what was out there. Which, honestly, I don't overly believe. Although..." the dwarf looked down at himself, remembering that minutes before he had been dead. "I won't say he was wrong either."

After a few moments, he continued. "And what's wrong with this island? Well, besides the fact that we obviously have no control anymore over what's going on down there. Is it falling apart now, too?

Everyone
[spoiler]Anyone who can, make a Sense Motive check at 5. Anyone who does figures out that Roryn has no clue whatsoever as to what the druid's talking about. He may not be innocent of everything he could be eventually accused of, but it's very likely he's innocent of what he's currently getting accused of. If anything, he's as confused on the details as everyone else.[/spoiler]

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #419 on: March 09, 2011, 01:48:38 AM »
Raynor listens  to the others and then quietly with his mouth covered says to the Dragon born well with the dwarf going with us. "Do you not think getting the others to give him back the items the other acquired when he was dead would be useful or at least so we don't have to resurrect him after every fight?" as he walks behind the dwarf and then puts the Keen Spectral Dagger  out of his belt of holding saying "I think you dropped something you may find useful"