Author Topic: OOC Thread  (Read 93025 times)

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: OOC Thread
« Reply #760 on: May 14, 2011, 04:11:34 PM »
well i was serprised that it is on the other side of the lake. missed that one
That's alright.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #761 on: May 14, 2011, 09:44:17 PM »
Hustion We have a problem .

ya my PC is down and in the shop (they don't make parts like the use to) (borrowing my sisters lap top to do tell you guys this) for now don't know when I get it back form the shop so bear with me on this do to on my end it is SNAFU 

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #762 on: May 14, 2011, 09:45:55 PM »
That's cool. Thanks for the update.

I guess we could just leave this up to Melkior then. Or Raptor. What say you guys? Just go down to the ferry guy, and leave the wolves for now, and go to the cyst later? Or fly there now, and leave the ferry guy?

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #763 on: May 28, 2011, 11:32:13 PM »
It's almost one week to the day that I'll be running this game at the con. So far only two people have signed up, but I'm told there are more who will sign up late. I'm hoping. I'd hate to put this much work into it, and end up having to cancel/reschedule until next year.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #764 on: May 31, 2011, 02:18:52 PM »
Sorry been out of it and not been able to catch up too well. I'd say we talk to the ferry guy and see whats up.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #765 on: May 31, 2011, 11:56:31 PM »
Sorry been out of it and not been able to catch up too well. I'd say we talk to the ferry guy and see whats up.
I'm cool with that. I think that gives us a consensus.

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #766 on: June 01, 2011, 12:26:42 AM »
back and i did not miss anything ? well hope you do get the players this is a really challenging campaign

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #767 on: June 01, 2011, 12:31:44 AM »
back and i did not miss anything ? well hope you do get the players this is a really challenging campaign
Which is the point. However, they have agreed that if I don't get at least two more players signed up, I can walk away from the game, but on the basis that I do a trial run IRL at next year's game day (March), but with pre-made PCs, or allow the players to go home and bring in their own level 20 characters (even the broken ones and ones against their rules), just to give people a taste of what's happening. Be like the guys that Tarmin contacted, but the first wave. I'm alright with that, if I have to do it that way. But here's the thing. If you're allowed to bring in any level 20 character, including home brew, and house ruled up the ying-yang, how is that a good thing? No one plays by the original rules anymore. Oh well. Whatever.

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #768 on: June 01, 2011, 01:08:54 AM »
ha I like a challenge

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #769 on: June 04, 2011, 04:18:46 AM »
Well it looks like I'm running the game. Got six out of eight players, and people are still looking to play. I don't have six NPCs though. I'll be having to use what you guys made in order for me to have enough.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #770 on: June 05, 2011, 11:29:26 PM »
Back. Everyone survived. I ended up being nice, and it kind of helped that ghost PC was there possessing everyone, and making it so everyone was coup-de-gracing the enemies. Only had four players in the end, even though seven had signed up. Three of them decided it was too much for them. Overall, it went well, and they enjoyed it, especially the storyline behind this game, and promised to play the sequel next year. I look forward to it.

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #771 on: June 06, 2011, 02:17:42 AM »
so whos characters were used ?

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #772 on: June 06, 2011, 02:46:47 AM »
No one's. I handed them out, but an advanced version of the bounty hunter (ranger/rogue/assassin) from DMG II ended up being the one that was taken, as well as the concordant killer. However, there was a character who was damn near equal to the Alen dragonborn character, except no barbarian variant for pounce.

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #773 on: June 08, 2011, 10:08:55 AM »
No one's. I handed them out, but an advanced version of the bounty hunter (ranger/rogue/assassin) from DMG II ended up being the one that was taken, as well as the concordant killer. However, there was a character who was damn near equal to the Alen dragonborn character, except no barbarian variant for pounce.

In hindsight, Melkiors build could have been a LOT better, so it's probably good no-one chose him and got annoyed :)
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #774 on: June 08, 2011, 11:45:59 AM »
Personally I'm okay with Melkior's build. He's definitely standing out compared to everyone else so far.

So question for you guys. Do you want to continue this campaign and find out what happens on your own, or do you want to just say you survive it, find out the full details as to what would have happened, and rebuild your characters for the sequel? At the same time, you could always build a new character for it if you're not satisfied with your current one. The main difference being you'll pretty much know exactly what you're walking into.

@ Stormcrow -- Your character would I would highly suggest making a new one, unless you can figure out a way to summon at a DC 40 with a level 24 character.

I'll allow Leadership again, but only for you guys because we probably won't have enough players again, and we'd likely need the PCs. However, you'd be exactly two levels lower than your main PC.

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #775 on: June 08, 2011, 02:44:48 PM »
So guys I got a new laptop and I should be able to play again even though I am still in the army....
So if a place is still available I would like to play.....

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #776 on: June 08, 2011, 04:57:30 PM »
Personally I'm okay with Melkior's build. He's definitely standing out compared to everyone else so far.

So question for you guys. Do you want to continue this campaign and find out what happens on your own, or do you want to just say you survive it, find out the full details as to what would have happened, and rebuild your characters for the sequel? At the same time, you could always build a new character for it if you're not satisfied with your current one. The main difference being you'll pretty much know exactly what you're walking into.

@ Stormcrow -- Your character would I would highly suggest making a new one, unless you can figure out a way to summon at a DC 40 with a level 24 character.

I'll allow Leadership again, but only for you guys because we probably won't have enough players again, and we'd likely need the PCs. However, you'd be exactly two levels lower than your main PC.

ok I will see what I can come up with any recommendations ? a prism or something ? I think we have enough characters with access to healing magic right ? better yet who do we still have ?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 11:42:09 PM by Stormcrow »

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #777 on: June 09, 2011, 04:40:26 AM »
So guys I got a new laptop and I should be able to play again even though I am still in the army....
So if a place is still available I would like to play.....
Oh yeah, your spot's still very much open. We're just debating on whether or not to continue, or just do up the sequel.

@ Stormcrow -- A suggestion would be anything that's considered a mage slayer build.

I'll be adding the Book of Exalted Deeds, Sandstorm, Stormwrack, Frostburn, and Dragon Compendium to the list of books as well.

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #778 on: June 10, 2011, 12:13:05 AM »
I will see what I can come up with, with the help of the Min max boards for a Anti Magic / caster character we can just say that I found a trap that changed my attributes, classes and skills.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #779 on: June 10, 2011, 02:16:23 AM »
I will see what I can come up with, with the help of the Min max boards for a Anti Magic / caster character we can just say that I found a trap that changed my attributes, classes and skills.
Oh no. There's a god that'll happily do that for you as part of the payment to take on this caster and stop him from doing what she fears he will do.