Author Topic: OOC Thread  (Read 93031 times)

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: OOC Thread
« Reply #540 on: January 24, 2011, 03:40:36 PM »
It's Raptor's turn. Even though the spider's been defeated, the web is still there.

BTW, for those who were around the spider, it did disappear after it was defeated, but it was almost like there was a time delay. Think of it in the same context as your computer lagging.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #541 on: January 24, 2011, 03:49:41 PM »
well guys I have no problem with letting letting them go. the main problem looks like the concordant killer and what is making the noise will be the true problem right now.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #542 on: January 24, 2011, 03:54:59 PM »
He may seem like a problem to you because you're not there, but he just told the demons to leave or he'd slaughter them all himself. He said nothing to anyone else yet. Not that Melkior could have heard him.

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #543 on: January 24, 2011, 04:06:12 PM »
true ,  but i am just saying what i am thinking right now.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #544 on: January 24, 2011, 04:07:20 PM »
true ,  but i am just saying what i am thinking right now.
Noted.

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #545 on: January 24, 2011, 04:15:48 PM »
so that is a lot of encounters off the bat 1 team DMK (that almost got some of the party) 2 the creature upstairs (if it did not skip out already ) 3 the conduit killer 4 what ever is making the noise , you are right this will be a tricky campaign,  so how far did the first group get ?

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #546 on: January 24, 2011, 04:21:04 PM »
so that is a lot of encounters off the bat 1 team DMK (that almost got some of the party) 2 the creature upstairs (if it did not skip out already ) 3 the conduit killer 4 what ever is making the noise , you are right this will be a tricky campaign,  so how far did the first group get ?
The dome  :lmao
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #547 on: January 24, 2011, 04:41:54 PM »
The dome  :lmao
Not quite. They got a little farther than that once they stopped using teleportation.

They made it to the half way point before they decided to pack it in. Or rather, the regular DM of that group decided to. And of course we couldn't finish it because he said so. Hence why I wanted to do it again, and hopefully finish it this time.

You guys right now are at the beginning, and haven't began to climb down the cliff stairs yet.

They had half of the party you did, so they had half of the MDK party, which they easily dispatched because three of them were rangers with Evil Outsiders and Undead being the predominant favored enemies, and the second they saw them, they immediately attacked. There were flat-footed, didn't have cover, and with the windows smashed, and them having transmuted bows, they had +1 to attack for height and +4 AC for partial cover. Actually, I should say one of them immediately attacked because he was CHAOTIC good. He also smashed all of the windows, cut off the dwarf's head (for resurrection purposes, he swears), etc. Seriously. Check out Previous Playtest thread. It was a mess. I also allowed the bard diplomancer to take the Loudmouth flaw because it just fit too well for his personality, and he really played it up well. The other players wanted to smack him. So when he tried to show off his teleportation skills early in the game, and went back to the dome, the others took off as fast as possible and had their first island encounter (not the roaring monsters). They realized quite quickly that they weren't optimized to take it on, but the CG pixie took it out once it decided to help instead of nap in the trees, being lullabied to sleep by everyone's screams of agony. :ahem

The four roars you heard, they heard three, and they took out two of them without any troubles. The third, the diplomancer (with tongues) was able to get to join them. Of course he had Diplomacy +126 before rolling. That was before he added spells to increase that even more. He wanted fanatics.

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #548 on: January 25, 2011, 01:38:20 AM »
Didn't mention Tolero because the cleric was purposely trying to avoid him, but the attack is allowed nonetheless.
I meant a complete lack of mention, if he avoided drawing an AoO, an edit isn't hard.
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #549 on: January 25, 2011, 01:39:49 AM »
Didn't mention Tolero because the cleric was purposely trying to avoid him, but the attack is allowed nonetheless.
I meant a complete lack of mention, if he avoided drawing an AoO, an edit isn't hard.
No it's good. I didn't say he was purposely avoiding him so Tolero's more than welcome to take it. I'll be more thorough next time.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #550 on: January 25, 2011, 02:56:35 AM »
Raptor's turn, and he needs to make a DC 32 STR check. Unless he's got Escape Artist. In which case the DC is 4 lower (28). I'll give you a +2 to whatever check you're making since Raynor's apparently helping by cutting some of the binds.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #551 on: January 25, 2011, 12:07:15 PM »
Forgot the +2 but id didn't matter: Escape Artist: (1d20+10=19)
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #552 on: January 25, 2011, 12:21:34 PM »
Melkior can make an AoO if he wants to.

Tolero and the four earth elementals' turn.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #553 on: January 25, 2011, 12:23:49 PM »
oops wrong thread. Should have put that last post in the game thread.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #554 on: January 25, 2011, 12:24:12 PM »
oops wrong thread. Should have put that last post in the game thread.
Not a big deal.

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #555 on: January 25, 2011, 12:45:25 PM »
what do you think guys help raptor get out or you guys think you need more help with the C.K.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #556 on: January 25, 2011, 01:04:29 PM »
Well he definitely can't get out by himself, it would seem. So he could use the help. The web has 18 HP. You were cutting at it before, but we didn't say how much you did. You don't really have a melee weapon other than your bayonet, so we'll say half of 1d8 for 4 damage. That leaves 12 damage. Or, you can roll 2d8 this time to see how much damage you did total. Your call.

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #557 on: January 25, 2011, 01:33:24 PM »
Well he definitely can't get out by himself, it would seem. So he could use the help. The web has 18 HP. You were cutting at it before, but we didn't say how much you did. You don't really have a melee weapon other than your bayonet, so we'll say half of 1d8 for 4 damage. That leaves 12 damage. Or, you can roll 2d8 this time to see how much damage you did total. Your call.

well I I remember correctly I did pocket the dwarfs Keen Spectral Dagger (+1 dagger) no positive spectral ability does so but with Transmuting power power of the bayonet and it being on Adamantine the whole time i think it is the better item right now any way. (do to not hardness)

2d8 ? [7,3] = (10)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2856194/

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #558 on: January 25, 2011, 02:35:28 PM »
So the next time Raptor gets a STR check on the net, he'll have a +6. The next still has 8 HP left.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #559 on: January 25, 2011, 03:29:16 PM »
Melkior is up after the bar-lgura.