Author Topic: OOC Thread  (Read 93310 times)

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: OOC Thread
« Reply #420 on: January 13, 2011, 03:40:15 PM »
I can see why, but this was the first time I'd seen it.

So this is what I've got.

Q 203 If a blade barrier is cast and an Initiate of the Seven Veil is standing in the middle of it with a violet ward up, does the blade barrier get completely destroyed, or just around him?
Pretty sure it isn't destroyed at all, since disintegrate doesn't do jack to a blade barrier.  That said, it does still likely block LoE, rendering you immune to it's effects while your veils are up.

So how do we want to do this? From how I read this, the blade barrier still goes up, but it stops at Alkazar, and doesn't hit Rezzik. It would still affect the bone devil.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #421 on: January 13, 2011, 03:40:20 PM »
Hmm. That's not a bad DC.

So you can cancel all of my spells without a care in the world, but if I don't do all the veils in a specific sequence yours all stay standing? Wow that sucks. Talk about an "I Win!" button.

There is a reason that Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil is considered an almost broken class.....
At least it can do this limited times per day........

On another note maybe I should have my character to try and do something and stop that cowardly act,
he may not survive but he at least will go down in glory.....

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #422 on: January 13, 2011, 08:21:57 PM »
Yeah Initiate of the sevenfold veil is the next most overpowered arcane prestige class, I wonder why so many arcane handbooks regard it as a sub-par class for needing two semi-worthless feats, when you consider the power it gains is so much more.

At least he can only do it 4 times per day.
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #423 on: January 14, 2011, 02:36:43 AM »
@ betrayor -- What cowardly act? The blade barrier? It's stopped now. Alkazar partially stopped it, and you don't see it unless you've got x-ray vision.

@ Mixster -- What's the first most? I won't cry uncle, or for mercy. I'm not even going to cry wolf. I'm not my DMs. I'm just flabbergasted more than anything else. Like, to the point my jaw drops.

This is good for me because in the real thing I may just come across an army of Iot7v saints wearing soulfire armour. In which case I'd be royally screwed and want to cry home to mommy, but... alright. :surrender

At least it's not immune to physical attacks. You know, because that makes all the difference. :rollseyes

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #424 on: January 14, 2011, 03:50:19 AM »
I looked at this and wondered, would Alkazar still be alive if I was to put him up against the Thirty-Headed Tarrasque at the bottom of this page, and would this be the only way to stop him? Then I wondered if that'd be too mean because everyone else wasn't that powerful. I mean, it's just a CR 40. Then I remembered these too.

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #425 on: January 14, 2011, 04:53:20 AM »
@ betrayor -- What cowardly act? The blade barrier? It's stopped now. Alkazar partially stopped it, and you don't see it unless you've got x-ray vision.

@ Mixster -- What's the first most? I won't cry uncle, or for mercy. I'm not even going to cry wolf. I'm not my DMs. I'm just flabbergasted more than anything else. Like, to the point my jaw drops.

This is good for me because in the real thing I may just come across an army of Iot7v saints wearing soulfire armour. In which case I'd be royally screwed and want to cry home to mommy, but... alright. :surrender

At least it's not immune to physical attacks. You know, because that makes all the difference. :rollseyes

No I was talking about Alenatorion.....
 :D :D
He is up there flying where everybody else is down there fighting.....

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #426 on: January 14, 2011, 04:56:02 AM »
BTW, if you survived the 30-headed tarrasque, you'd all get 831,435 xp. Just think about that. :smirk

Alenatorion's got a good idea what's going on. He won't hear the spells going on down there since he's so high up, and he can see that the demons are running. Or at least they're trying, but people keep putting up blockades in front of them. Kind of makes it difficult.

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #427 on: January 14, 2011, 09:02:38 AM »

The most powerful one is IMO the Incantatrix, because if you increase his CL by enough and grab a level of archmage, you can make all your spells persistent. Yes all of them. And you could make the other party members spells persistent as well. So the entire party would probably be running around with a shapechange up, and venomfire, and then just switch to the form with the most poison attacks. And as he can also add extend to those spells, he could make it a 2 day buff routine instead of a 1 day, meaning twice the buffs.

Also, technically I can become immune to physical attacks. Since the Violet Veil disintegrates all objects that pass through. And the red veil stops all non-magical ranged attacks.

Yeah he wont be immune to physical close combat attacks.

Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #428 on: January 14, 2011, 01:38:22 PM »
looks like I made a new friend just like our I7V has:
The glaberzu screams in agony as the force arrows pierce him. He hadn't felt that much pain before. Turning around, he starts angrily looking for the fool that dared to do that to him.
Seeing Raptor, he roars at him. "You little punk. If I ever get my hands on you, I'll rip out your skeleton and use your skin as a new suit."
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #429 on: January 14, 2011, 01:40:34 PM »
lol You did by far the most damage out of anyone with that force bow, and that Wounding ability didn't help any. If he wasn't cursed right now because of his originally being Huge size, he'd be so much more troublesome than he is right now.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #430 on: January 14, 2011, 01:43:46 PM »
lol You did by far the most damage out of anyone with that force bow, and that Wounding ability didn't help any. If he wasn't cursed right now because of his originally being Huge size, he'd be so much more troublesome than he is right now.
It is my one trick I have. Lots of damage that is hard to resist. Other than that I'm pretty screwed by not being a spellcaster. I really wanted to shoot the stupid cleric because he almost killed me twice with that nasty Blasphemy.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #431 on: January 14, 2011, 01:46:30 PM »
If you were any closer, the death knights would be making you experience that spell again. It just wouldn't be as potent by comparison.

But you've just attacked one of them, and hurt him bad, and it's their turn. Not to mention they've been delayed a few times already thanks to the bone devils and that air monolith. Give me a second to figure how badly they're going to get all of you back before they leave.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #432 on: January 14, 2011, 01:48:14 PM »
If you were any closer, the death knights would be making you experience that spell again. It just wouldn't be as potent by comparison.

But you've just attacked one of them, and hurt him bad, and it's their turn. Not to mention they've been delayed a few times already thanks to the bone devils and that air monolith. Give me a second to figure how badly they're going to get all of you back before they leave.
I'll start planning a new character then.  ;)

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #433 on: January 14, 2011, 01:51:20 PM »
Who said we were letting them leave...alive anyways. :eh
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #434 on: January 14, 2011, 01:52:32 PM »
Who said we were letting them leave...alive anyways. :eh
This is true. Or letting them leave unharmed. It'd be very unfair if what was coming towards you fought those guys fresh, while you guys weren't.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #435 on: January 14, 2011, 02:08:19 PM »
I'll finish up later. Gotta jet. Running late. Leaving you with a "cliffhanger".

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #436 on: January 14, 2011, 02:58:28 PM »
gee something i can fight for if i summon a large spider like that I get 2 for the cost of 1 and I get stronger on with furry if the rolls work out

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #437 on: January 14, 2011, 08:38:54 PM »
Yeah, but I need to summon something like this to even remotely have a chance at hitting your guys' AC.

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #438 on: January 14, 2011, 08:46:00 PM »
Yeah, but I need to summon something like this to even remotely have a chance at hitting your guys' AC.

You can hit mine if you summon a first level anything......

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #439 on: January 14, 2011, 08:46:36 PM »

You can hit mine if you summon a first level anything......
Yes, but you're in the air.