Author Topic: OOC Thread  (Read 93026 times)

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: OOC Thread
« Reply #140 on: December 03, 2010, 02:48:15 AM »
Ok, so Rezzik is immune to paralysis, which would mean he would get a save for 1/2 negative levels except... he's a cohort and doesn't have the hit points to survive the Death damage and thus is dead. Just for existing. :o

You sure warned us! Though, I suppose I would still have preferred not to have wasted one of Dez's feats when there was no way her cohort wouldn't be one-hit KO'd. Wow.

I'm not complaining, I just wish I hadn't spent so much time building him.
If you can get resurrected, you'll be back in the game again. Stormcrow says it's possible.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: December 03, 2010, 02:50:41 AM »
...Actually, I just remembered I have Shield Other up, so Dez takes half of that damage. Ouch, but they're both still alive so... yay?  :twitch

Also, I'm assuming, because it only makes sense, that 'S's weapon is magic. I mean, of course it is, but still.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: December 03, 2010, 02:50:59 AM »
I'll let you guys know that I had found out a way to make the CL = 30, but I decided against it because it's bad enough already without instantly killing everyone. That's not fun at all.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: December 03, 2010, 02:51:19 AM »
...Actually, I just remembered I have Shield Other up, so Dez takes half of that damage. Ouch, but they're both still alive so... yay?  :twitch
Hey, that's awesome. Not dead is a good thing.

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #144 on: December 03, 2010, 10:48:50 AM »

Wait, duh, Dez is immune to crits anyway, though it's still an auto-hit. She just wouldn't take extra crit damage. Also immune to ability drain or damage to physical ability scores. So she's pretty good right now, besides being down 81 hp for saving Rezzik's ass from the graveyard another round.

Crits are only auto-hits if the attack roll is a natural 20

Also, I'm totally ok with you killing us, but if we survive this, we are going to rest so we can regain our spells, or it would be ultimate destruction.

I will just use the characters as NPCs in a game I'm DM'ing anyway, so it doesn't matter much.

EDIT: Technically a very silly reading of Mind Blank would give you protection against Paralysis caused by spells. But that is a very silly reading.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 10:52:32 AM by Mixster »
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #145 on: December 03, 2010, 10:57:02 AM »
As you guys can see, I kind of wussed out with those last two guys.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #146 on: December 03, 2010, 11:29:08 AM »

Huh, well look at that, you're totally right. Looks like 'S' didn't even scratch Dez. :)

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #147 on: December 03, 2010, 11:36:23 AM »

Huh, well look at that, you're totally right. Looks like 'S' didn't even scratch Dez. :)
Yeah an old DM of mine insisted that a threat was an automatic hit. I then made a Nimblewright (MM2) character duel weilding rapier with keen and imp. crit (it was 3.0 so they stacked) threatened on a 12 or better. So I hit a lot no matter how bad my penalties.  :P

Also Kevin, I was looking back at some of my recent posts in here and realized I came off a bit whinny or angry. I'm just frustrated at getting our asses kicked so easily and early along with obviously not making a character powerful enough to hold up to the adventure. So its nothing against you just venting.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #148 on: December 03, 2010, 11:42:01 AM »

Yeah an old DM of mine insisted that a threat was an automatic hit. I then made a Nimblewright (MM2) character duel weilding rapier with keen and imp. crit (it was 3.0 so they stacked) threatened on a 12 or better. So I hit a lot no matter how bad my penalties.  :P

Also Kevin, I was looking back at some of my recent posts in here and realized I came off a bit whinny or angry. I'm just frustrated at getting our asses kicked so easily and early along with obviously not making a character powerful enough to hold up to the adventure. So its nothing against you just venting.

You forgot the Iron Lord thingie from book of vile darkness. Then it goes to causing a threat on 5+. A friend of mine who had DM'ed and one of the players who where to be the next DM once asked me to help him create a character that was so munchkinny our DM would refuse to ever create something overpowered again, I created that character, and told him to go power attack crazy with anything he held (I think it was that 18-20 crit two-hander). Much sillyness ensued, where he had -20 to hit (combat expertise and power attack galore) but still hit and confirmed all his crits.
(I played a wizard and cast haste on him all the time for more sillyness)
That was until we looked through the PHB, and he re-rolled his character.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: December 03, 2010, 11:46:01 AM »

You forgot the Iron Lord thingie from book of vile darkness. Then it goes to causing a threat on 5+. A friend of mine who had DM'ed and one of the players who where to be the next DM once asked me to help him create a character that was so munchkinny our DM would refuse to ever create something overpowered again, I created that character, and told him to go power attack crazy with anything he held (I think it was that 18-20 crit two-hander). Much sillyness ensued, where he had -20 to hit (combat expertise and power attack galore) but still hit and confirmed all his crits.
(I played a wizard and cast haste on him all the time for more sillyness)
That was until we looked through the PHB, and he re-rolled his character.
I don't even think the BvD was out when I made this character. If it was we hadn't heard of it yet.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #150 on: December 03, 2010, 11:46:21 AM »

What? I scratched you. One of my hits was a 47. Your AC was 47. You took a wounding. Unless you've got really good DR that I'm not aware of, you took a few, minus the 8 that I took back because you're neutral. So it was only a scratch. :P

BTW, where's that spell that you used come from Mixster? I need to look up the details of it.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #151 on: December 03, 2010, 01:10:55 PM »
No, My AC is higher than 47 (I had forgotten to type it into my sheet, but the effects are mentioned elsewhere before). Even ignoring the fact that I had forgotten the NA bonus from elemental body, Haste added another +1 dodge bonus. Unless of course I was flat-footed against the attack, but still she'd miss with the NA bonus. Regardless of that, even had she hit the wounding wouldn't take because I'm immune to damage to my physical stats.

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #152 on: December 03, 2010, 01:32:00 PM »
lol looks like rule number 2 all teleport and portals go to the dome

I think it is safe to argue that Melkior went from the pan and into the fire.

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #153 on: December 03, 2010, 03:04:20 PM »
lol looks like rule number 2 all teleport and portals go to the dome

I think it is safe to argue that Melkior went from the pan and into the fire.

I sure hope those undead bastards prefer swinging at him with their swords and don't use spells :), then he stands a decent chance against them.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #154 on: December 03, 2010, 03:25:34 PM »
lets just hope they are not have or use thinaun daggers or other weapions

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #155 on: December 03, 2010, 05:37:41 PM »
Hey, you think after you guys accepted a job that this plane's going to just let you go without it getting finished? Ha!

Mixster, still need to know what spell or item and the source it's from, that you used to stop the breath weapon and Blasphemy. I can't draw it up if I don't know the details.

And if it's an immediate effect that can be heard, then the bar-lgura will likely not have moved from where he was.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #156 on: December 03, 2010, 05:40:33 PM »
Should I be contemplating a new character idea?

edit: Also I'm 90% certain from my initial reading that Mixter was talking about the I7V's ward ability.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #157 on: December 03, 2010, 05:42:33 PM »
Should I be contemplating a new character idea?
You could. I don't know how this is going to turn out. Everyone's not even attacking at full power yet. I'll be honest. I thought this was going to be a TPK after I did what I did. Had no idea it wasn't going to effect half of the people. It's nice to know that I don't necessarily have to have my kid gloves on during this.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #158 on: December 03, 2010, 05:48:49 PM »
Well it isn't like I have anything else to do right now. At least Raptor won't die from the cloud kill so they have to at least go through some effort to kill him while he just chills out laying on the floor after his crash landing. If I live great if not I'll at least have a good idea of what will replace him, well hopefully I'll have a good idea at least.

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #159 on: December 03, 2010, 06:10:45 PM »
Hey, you think after you guys accepted a job that this plane's going to just let you go without it getting finished? Ha!

Mixster, still need to know what spell or item and the source it's from, that you used to stop the breath weapon and Blasphemy. I can't draw it up if I don't know the details.

And if it's an immediate effect that can be heard, then the bar-lgura will likely not have moved from where he was.

It's complete Arcane, Iot7v. He places a warding between Melkior and the origin of the effect, saving those that are behind it. (If you draw a line directly from the point of effect to Melkior, Alkazar will place his warding in the middle between them and perpendicular to the line). The wall is 70ft long, and 35ft high plenty of length to block the blasphemy entirely.

I don't think it can be heard, but I'm uncertain, it doesn't say it has an audible component, yet neither does it say it has. If anything moves through it from the direction Melkior is not in, they will have to pass two will saves, the first to avoid being confused as the insanity spell, and the second to avoid being planeshifted to a random place on a random plane.

Melkior does have some revenance/revivify combos ready, so no need to re-roll just now :)

EDIT: Initiate of the sevenfold veil can be found in complete arcane Page 45. Page 46 describes the "wall" warding, and also has the Indigo and Violet warding that stops all effects.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 06:12:58 PM by Mixster »

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out